Windows 10: disk format protection

Discus and support disk format protection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i had a game disk and i have a windows 64 bit version pc and i was trying to format it so i could put windows xp up their on the disk and it said it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardSmith_925, Mar 28, 2020.

1. disk format protection

i had a game disk and i have a windows 64 bit version pc and i was trying to format it so i could put windows xp up their on the disk and it said it was protected !?!?!?!? HELP

:)

RichardSmith_925, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Format protected disk

Can I format a protected disk?

MATTIEBELLHULL, Mar 28, 2020
  4. disk format protection

freebird_9924, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

disk format protection

1. disk format protection - Similar Threads - disk format protection

2. Explanation of disk format?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Explanation of disk format?: I have a PC which was previously WIn 7, upgraded to Win 10 (currently Windows 10.0.18362), it is my stepson's, so no idea of who set it up and how. (it's Disk 1 because I recently duplicated his old spinning metal drive to an SSD) [img] [img] As you can see from the...
  3. Disk formatting issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk formatting issue: Ok so i have a lacie HD 2tb I have a lot of drums and sound Like 500gb worth of drums. I take the hd to my friend house He has a windows pc as well But I’m getting error of “disk F is not formatted, do you want to format” I know it deletes everything if i click yes. What’s...
  4. disk format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk format: disk default format on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-format/e7bc66a4-5d63-4dc7-b550-44aee6cb79fe
  5. The disk is write protected, while trying to format SD card

The disk is write protected, while trying to format SD card: HI, I tried to format SD card and received a "write protected "message . After that i searched for online solution like: I have edited my registry to remove write protection. I have gone through command prompt and diskpart to attempt to format It goes upto stage of...
  6. Format hard disk

Format hard disk: I want to gift my laptop to a friend and would like to format the hard disk, but when I try to do it the message is I can't do it because it could cause my computer to stop working. How do I erase everything from my computer's memory?...
  7. Lock format in protected document

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock format in protected document: I made a form in word, I made it password protected so the verbiage cannot be not changed. I would also like to limit how many characters can be put in an editing box. If too much information is put into the editing box, it moves everything in that row over. I want to lock it...
  8. Formatting a Disk

Formatting a Disk: I have installed a new 1 TB Hard Drive in my Dell Vostro 230 Desktop computer. I went to format it for first use but I wouldn't format because it is listed as a "System Disk" I cannot save anything to it, I tried to format it using DISKPART in the command prompt as an...
  9. FORMATTING A FLASH DISK

FORMATTING A FLASH DISK: I AM FAILING TO FORMAT MY 8 GB FLASH DISK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-flash-disk/e1399aed-23e3-42b6-ac83-7b3d736e9402"
  10. Disk Formate error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Formate error: Hello, when i try to format my disk I have an error x80070057, i found a topic with a solve, but I still have the same error. Can you please help me? Thanks....