Windows 10: Disk Formate error

Discus and support Disk Formate error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, when i try to format my disk I have an error x80070057, i found a topic with a solve, but I still have the same error. Can you please help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LogicLogic1, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Disk Formate error

Hello, when i try to format my disk I have an error x80070057, i found a topic with a solve, but I still have the same error. Can you please help me? Thanks.

:)

LogicLogic1, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 15, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Sep 15, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

Disk Formate error

Windows format disk message

Hello Marcos,

There may be several reasons why you are being prompted to have your pen drive formatted every time you plug it in to your PC. This prompt, however, may not be disabled. To isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes on your PC prior to this happening?
    • Was your pen drive improperly pulled out from the USB port?
    • Have you tried plugging your pen drive to a different USB port or a different computer?

In the meantime we suggest you to check if your pen drive appears under
    Disk Management
    without any error. To check, follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + X.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Check and see if your pen drive shows on the list.

We will be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Disk Formate error

1. Disk Formate error - Similar Threads - Disk Formate error

2. Explanation of disk format?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Explanation of disk format?: I have a PC which was previously WIn 7, upgraded to Win 10 (currently Windows 10.0.18362), it is my stepson's, so no idea of who set it up and how. (it's Disk 1 because I recently duplicated his old spinning metal drive to an SSD) [img] [img] As you can see from the...
  3. Disk formatting issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk formatting issue: Ok so i have a lacie HD 2tb I have a lot of drums and sound Like 500gb worth of drums. I take the hd to my friend house He has a windows pc as well But I’m getting error of “disk F is not formatted, do you want to format” I know it deletes everything if i click yes. What’s...
  4. disk format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk format: disk default format on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-format/e7bc66a4-5d63-4dc7-b550-44aee6cb79fe
  5. disk format protection

disk format protection: i had a game disk and i have a windows 64 bit version pc and i was trying to format it so i could put windows xp up their on the disk and it said it was protected !?!?!?!? HELP...
  6. Create and format hard disk partitions error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create and format hard disk partitions error: Hello, I am encountering a strange error when I try to open the disk management utility through the start menu. If I search for "disk .." to bring up the "Create and format hard disk partitions" search result and click on it, I get an error C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe...
  7. Format hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Format hard disk: I want to gift my laptop to a friend and would like to format the hard disk, but when I try to do it the message is I can't do it because it could cause my computer to stop working. How do I erase everything from my computer's memory?...
  8. Error when Formatting Removable Disk

Error when Formatting Removable Disk: Hi , i got some issue . My flashdisk wasn't to format . and the caution pop up is "The disk can't format please Change the read only " and my Question is : "How to Change the Disk 'Read Only' to 'Read/Write' Disk?" " What else and app or tips should?" . Here's the pop up...
  9. Formatting a Disk

Formatting a Disk: I have installed a new 1 TB Hard Drive in my Dell Vostro 230 Desktop computer. I went to format it for first use but I wouldn't format because it is listed as a "System Disk" I cannot save anything to it, I tried to format it using DISKPART in the command prompt as an...
  10. FORMATTING A FLASH DISK

FORMATTING A FLASH DISK: I AM FAILING TO FORMAT MY 8 GB FLASH DISK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-flash-disk/e1399aed-23e3-42b6-ac83-7b3d736e9402"