Windows 10: disk full but i literally have nothing on this computer

Discus and support disk full but i literally have nothing on this computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm so confused and frustrated. it keeps saying my disk is full. I have no photos, no music, no downloads, no games on this computer. I dont even have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by taehyunn, Jun 22, 2022.

1. taehyunn Win User

disk full but i literally have nothing on this computer

I'm so confused and frustrated. it keeps saying my disk is full. I have no photos, no music, no downloads, no games on this computer. I dont even have a working browser. like I deleted google chrome bc I couldn't update it but when I tried downloading it again it said my space was full?? ok. so I downloaded firefox and ive had it for a while but my computer/firefox was acting weird, literally couldn't keep one tab open without getting kicked off or the screen freezing or there being no volume. I wanted to reset my computer completely to see if it would change. nope... I needed "5.17" more spac

:)

taehyunn, Jun 22, 2022

2. Off the chart (literally!) disk usage

Glenn, we would like to check if you are still experiencing a high disk usage on your end, if yes, we would like to ask if you can try to follow the steps below for as a workaround:

• Go to Start menu and select Settings
    • Select System
    • Select Notification & actions
    • Then turn off all notification and check if disk usage would still get a high usage.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Jun 22, 2022
  3. GFR
    gfr Win User
    Running Optimize literally does nothing; in PS it yields an error

After doing a clean install of Windows 10 20H2 (OS Build 19042.906) and fully updating it, and updating all of the Dell drivers from Dell.com, I tried the following Optimize and Defrag options from How to Optimize and Defragment Drives in Windows 10 (tenforums.com/tutorials/8933-optimize-defrag-drives-windows-10-a.html):

• OPTION ONE: To Optimize Drives in Optimize Drives Tool: Steps 2, 3, and 4,
    • OPTION TWO: To Optimize Drives in Command Prompt: Step 2, and
    • OPTION THREE: To Optimize Drives in PowerShell: Step 3
    The four steps attempted from Options 1 and 2 resulted in no notice action; i.e., it appeared as though nothing happened after executing the commands.

When I ran Step 3 of Option 3, I received the following error message.

What does this mean and now what do I do?

Thanks!

disk full but i literally have nothing on this computer [​IMG]

4. disk full but i literally have nothing on this computer

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue disk full but i literally have nothing on this computer :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

disk full but i literally have nothing on this computer

1. disk full but i literally have nothing on this computer - Similar Threads - disk full literally

2. Disk full?! Do I have a virus??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk full?! Do I have a virus??: I turned on my laptop today to notice it telling me it had installed an update overnight 2023-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030310 and then opened explorer I don't know why, that's just me. Before the update, I had about...
  3. Disk full?! Do I have a virus??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk full?! Do I have a virus??: I turned on my laptop today to notice it telling me it had installed an update overnight 2023-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030310 and then opened explorer I don't know why, that's just me. Before the update, I had about...
  4. Literally nothing works

Literally nothing works: SoSome of the programs and files won't start/open, including the search bar and settingsSafe mode won't enable nor through msconfig nor through [Shift] + Restart nor through holding F8 sfc /scannow crushesNothing in msconfig window workschkdsk did nothingRestarting File...
  5. Literally nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Literally nothing works: SoSome of the programs and files won't start/open, including the search bar and settingsSafe mode won't enable nor through msconfig nor through [Shift] + Restart nor through holding F8 sfc /scannow crushesNothing in msconfig window workschkdsk did nothingRestarting File...
  6. Literally nothing works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. disk full but i literally have nothing on this computer

disk full but i literally have nothing on this computer: I'm so confused and frustrated. it keeps saying my disk is full. I have no photos, no music, no downloads, no games on this computer. I dont even have a working browser. like I deleted google chrome bc I couldn't update it but when I tried downloading it again it said my...
  8. disk full but i literally have nothing on this computer

disk full but i literally have nothing on this computer: I'm so confused and frustrated. it keeps saying my disk is full. I have no photos, no music, no downloads, no games on this computer. I dont even have a working browser. like I deleted google chrome bc I couldn't update it but when I tried downloading it again it said my...
  9. my computer screen is stuck on black literally nothing works

my computer screen is stuck on black literally nothing works: I was just using my laptop and then my screen went completely black. I tried leaving it to charge, and i tried to like turn the power on and off to see if the screen would go back to normal but it didnt. also when i tried turning on my laptop the acer logo that usually pops...
  10. Windows store downloads nothing, literally nothing.

Windows store downloads nothing, literally nothing.: So, it must've been asked many times before here but I tried every solution I could find on the internet and so far nothing worked. Basically I've been having trouble with the Windows Store for as long as I can remember, but that aside. About a month ago I uninstalled Dolby...