Windows 10: Disk Full - C Drive Size Doesn't Match in Disk Management

Discus and support Disk Full - C Drive Size Doesn't Match in Disk Management in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm a bit of a tech noob so any advice/support would be greatly appreciated. About two weeks ago my HP Spectre Windows 10 suffered blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Raym0ndTerrific, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Disk Full - C Drive Size Doesn't Match in Disk Management

Hi all,

I'm a bit of a tech noob so any advice/support would be greatly appreciated.

About two weeks ago my HP Spectre Windows 10 suffered blue screen so I took it to the local repair guys. I brought it home the other day and began reinstalling Office, games etc when I received a notification saying that the laptop was close to capacity in terms of storage. This was surprising as I have nearly 1TB of storage and had used nowhere near this amount even before the blue screen incident.

I took it back today and they said the C Drive had been encrypted using BitLocker something I hadn't installed or requested and this was taking up the space. The guy managed to stop the encryption and said that would hopefully free up the space - this processed stopped about two hours ago but still hasn't freed up the space.

When I look at Disk Management I can see it's no longer encrypted - however, the capacity is 90GB can also see this on Windows Explorer rather than 953GB and I can't expand this. I've ran WinDirStat and TreeSize and both confirm the 68 or so GB that I would expect to see.

If anyone can offer a solution to expanding the C Drive to the full 953Gb or as close as or another fix for this I would be greatly appreciative. I don't really want to go down the route of external hard drives as this was bought for travelling makes things messy - especially knowing there is legitimate space on the laptop and I just can't access it!

Many thanks,

Andrew

Disk Full - C Drive Size Doesn't Match in Disk Management e63410e9-9804-4aba-865e-29c8168d80c1?upload=true.png Disk Full - C Drive Size Doesn't Match in Disk Management c9919e3d-9ae8-4158-9f38-88fc9d426cca?upload=true.png

:)

Raym0ndTerrific, Jan 21, 2021

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk Full - C Drive Size Doesn't Match in Disk Management :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Disk Full - C Drive Size Doesn't Match in Disk Management

How do I increase the size of my Local disk C drive ?

I have more than 12 GB allocated. I wish to add it to my Local disk C drive because my Local disk C drive is running out of space. When I try to extend volume size in disk management, that option is inactive, I cant click on it. How do I increase the size
    of C drive ?

TharunSaji, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Disk Full - C Drive Size Doesn't Match in Disk Management

1. Disk Full - C Drive Size Doesn't Match in Disk Management - Similar Threads - Disk Full Drive

2. Local Disk C full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Disk C full: 2 weeks ago, my laptop, running Windows 10 22H2, 8GB RAM, had local disk c with just 10GB of free space, out of 300GB. I uninstalled some softwares, three of which notably are huge, more than 60GB disk space MATLAB, Mentor Graphics Hyperlynx and Ansys Electromagnetic Suite....
  3. size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage: Windows reports the disk usage of my C drive as 255 GB. However, the total size of files on my C drive is 132 GB. Also, The total of items in the "Storage" tab of settings is around 130 GB. How do I determine what is occupying the remaining 125 GB? See attached screenshot....
  4. size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage: Windows reports the disk usage of my C drive as 255 GB. However, the total size of files on my C drive is 132 GB. Also, The total of items in the "Storage" tab of settings is around 130 GB. How do I determine what is occupying the remaining 125 GB? See attached screenshot....
  5. size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage

6. C: and D: drive/Disk management

C: and D: drive/Disk management: Hi, I am having problems with my C: and D: drives. I know little about computers, and I've been trying to solve this on my own for 2 days now. I want to merge C: drive 222 GB using D: drive 1.81 TB, but the problem is that C: is on Disk 1 while D: is on Disk 0. I don't think...
  7. Disk Drive Full

Disk Drive Full: On my Windows 10 laptop I am completely out of space on my hard drive. I only have 1 drive. OS:C. It is full. I've tried many different troubleshooting video's with no success. When I go to disk management to see my C Drive it shows I have no unallocated space.[IMG] When I...
  8. C drive not shown in disk defragmenter, but seen in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C drive not shown in disk defragmenter, but seen in disk management: Hello! I'm having a problem regarding the sudden disappearance of my C drive in my disk defragmenter. I used chkdsk in command prompt and error checking in my C drive properties, it sees errors but when I restart it, I see Scanning and repairing drive C:... without any...
  9. Local Disk (C:) full!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local Disk (C:) full!: Hi, before several hours ago I did a backup for my iPhone using iTunes, when the backup ends I got an error message, I don't remember exactly what it says but something about ( your backup is not complete ) so I close the message window then I went to file explorer, I saw the...
  10. In Task Manager, Disk full doesn't match display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    In Task Manager, Disk full doesn't match display: When I check task manager it says 99% disk, but the highest capacity is 0.7MB, and if you compute them all you get a total of 2.3MB being used. Definitely this is not 99% full. Seldomly, another thing will appear in there that says like 20MB, but as I look at it I cannot...