Windows 10: Disk full for no obvious reason

Discus and support Disk full for no obvious reason in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have my hard drive seperated into two partitions: one for the OS and one for data. The space on the first one is completely full (about 99 out of 100... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fschmitt, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Disk full for no obvious reason

I have my hard drive seperated into two partitions: one for the OS and one for data. The space on the first one is completely full (about 99 out of 100 GB full). However, if I take all the folders and files/programs on the hardware and look at the properties of those and add all of those together, I get something around 20 GB. What could be the explanation for this, and what could I do to solve this problem?

submitted by /u/fschmitt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fschmitt, Mar 25, 2021

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk full for no obvious reason :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Mar 25, 2021
  4. ze ultimo Win User

Disk full for no obvious reason

diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Disk full for no obvious reason

1. Disk full for no obvious reason - Similar Threads - Disk full obvious

2. Wired network disconnects intermitently, no obvious reasons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired network disconnects intermitently, no obvious reasons: Hello,thank You in advance for Your time and effort.My computer stops receiving data from internet randomly. Sometimes it works for 3 days without problem. Sometimes it stops receiving 3 times in an half hour. Yesterday it had a record of 5-6 for the day while I was working...
  3. Wired network disconnects intermitently, no obvious reasons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired network disconnects intermitently, no obvious reasons: Hello,thank You in advance for Your time and effort.My computer stops receiving data from internet randomly. Sometimes it works for 3 days without problem. Sometimes it stops receiving 3 times in an half hour. Yesterday it had a record of 5-6 for the day while I was working...
  4. C Disk is full with no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Disk is full with no reason: C Drive is full with no reason, about 500mb remaining And when I click, the biggest app is 3.76 GB.Please help me to fix this.Windows 11 21H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-disk-is-full-with-no-reason/1bcdf132-e28d-4371-b676-f9271120d168
  5. C Disk is full with no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Disk is full with no reason: C Drive is full with no reason, about 500mb remaining And when I click, the biggest app is 3.76 GB.Please help me to fix this.Windows 11 21H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-disk-is-full-with-no-reason/1bcdf132-e28d-4371-b676-f9271120d168
  6. Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason: Hi all,I have been trying to figure out what is going wrong with my computer for the past year and I'm honestly at my limit. It seems every day my PC will BSOD at least once. I have been getting a multitude of error messages and I cannot trace the problem to its source so I'm...
  7. Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason: Hi all,I have been trying to figure out what is going wrong with my computer for the past year and I'm honestly at my limit. It seems every day my PC will BSOD at least once. I have been getting a multitude of error messages and I cannot trace the problem to its source so I'm...
  8. Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. 100% CPU Usage with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% CPU Usage with no obvious reason: As recently as a couple of months back, my PC has been having random fits where, about once a week for ~5 minutes, my CPU usage will jump up to 100% making everything unusable for that time period. While it's at 100% everything crawls to a slow, task manager (temporarily)...
  10. Seeimingly random BSODs with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Seeimingly random BSODs with no obvious reason: I have a computer that has been experiencing seemingly random BSODs. The first time was when the computer BSOD-ed a couple days ago while watching a video. It has also BSOD-ed when copying a folder with 3 GB worth of information to the hard disk, running a virus scan, just...