Windows 10: Disk Full

Discus and support Disk Full in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi y'all, this is my first ever Reddit post so be kind. I have just switched back to a PC after years of Mac and Chromebook. I have lots of questions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/greybeardloon99, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Disk Full

Hi y'all, this is my first ever Reddit post so be kind.

I have just switched back to a PC after years of Mac and Chromebook. I have lots of questions about Windows but the first one is that my C drive is almost full just with the programmes the machine is running. I have oceans of space on the D drive so it would be great to move something like Outlook or Office there.

Is this possible? Any other hints or tips about managing disk space would be great.

Thanks,

GBL

submitted by /u/greybeardloon99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/greybeardloon99, Nov 4, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk Full :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Nov 4, 2020
  3. ze ultimo Win User
    diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

Disk Full

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Disk Full

1. Disk Full - Similar Threads - Disk Full

2. Full disk but I haven't added any files recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full disk but I haven't added any files recently: I usually have at least 1 to 2 GB of free space. I have not added any files recently but now it is completely full. I have tried deleting temp files, tried Disk Cleanup, tried Storage Sense, but it is still full. I am using windows 10 on a Macbook and I have barely any files...
  3. Full disk but I haven't added any files recently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full disk but I haven't added any files recently: I usually have at least 1 to 2 GB of free space. I have not added any files recently but now it is completely full. I have tried deleting temp files, tried Disk Cleanup, tried Storage Sense, but it is still full. I am using windows 10 on a Macbook and I have barely any files...
  4. Full disk but I haven't added any files recently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk??: STORAGE FULL AFTER DELETING EVERYTHING. SSD: 28.7GB free of 446GB/ Deleted every file and emptied the recycling bin/ Preformed a disk clean up. Settings/ App & Features/ Uninstall programs/ Deleted every app. And still storage is still 28.7GB of 446GB. All answers online do...
  6. Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk??: STORAGE FULL AFTER DELETING EVERYTHING. SSD: 28.7GB free of 446GB/ Deleted every file and emptied the recycling bin/ Preformed a disk clean up. Settings/ App & Features/ Uninstall programs/ Deleted every app. And still storage is still 28.7GB of 446GB. All answers online do...
  7. Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk??

8. Disk is full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk is full: My disk is Full for no reason.It happens Suddenly, some times it may be 0 BYTE or 100 to 200 MB space free.And my Files Data is about 35 GBAnd download folder contains only 4GB of DataMy total Applications have data around temporary files data is about 500MBand Internet files...
  9. Disk is full

Disk is full: My disk is Full for no reason.It happens Suddenly, some times it may be 0 BYTE or 100 to 200 MB space free.And my Files Data is about 35 GBAnd download folder contains only 4GB of DataMy total Applications have data around temporary files data is about 500MBand Internet files...
  10. Disk is full, make space...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk is full, make space...: I have used all of the suggestions given by Microsoft on my computer. Cleaned disk or all temporary files and personal files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-is-full-make-space/bf6dcf85-7b24-4030-b811-f27ceb16dae4