Windows 10: Disk Image/Clone

Discus and support Disk Image/Clone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am looking for an easy to use disk image / Clone software. I deploy about 2-3 systems per week, all which have the same configuration.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Greg Auping, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Disk Image/Clone

Hello,

I am looking for an easy to use disk image / Clone software. I deploy about 2-3 systems per week, all which have the same configuration. FileMaker, HyperTerminal, MS Office, printer drivers and a few other apps. Does anyone have any recommendations for a software package that would allow me to create a single image and burn it to new systems as I need to deploy?

:)

Greg Auping, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Nickylee1 Win User

Do window 10 offer a clone image feature for backup system?

Hi, oemSoft

I am sorry to tell you that there is no built-in clone feature in Windows 10. If you just create a system image backup, you can follow the steps below to create a system image in Windows 10.

Step 1. Open Control Panel, go to System and Security > File History, then click System Image Backup at the lower-left corner. Or you can directly type backup and restore in the search box and select it from the search result list.

Step 2. Connect the USB drive to your computer and select it as the destination path, then click Next.

Step 3. Confirm your backup settings and click Start Backup.

However, if you want to clone your system directly, you can choose a third-party software like AOMEI Backupper. This is a professional clone software that allows you to

clone system
    to different places such as external hard drive, USB drive or Network, etc. without booting problems. With it, you also can clone the entire disk to HDD or SSD.

Nickylee1, Feb 24, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Help with hard disk "corruption"

The information about clone versus image was to report the problem related to disk signatures. If you are not experiencing that problem then you can move on to other steps. It was not a suggestion to clone or not clone. It was to report an unforeseen problem that can occur.

If you are able to run chkdsk /x /f /r on the drive it can place files on parts of the drive where there are no bad blocks.

zbook, Feb 24, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Disk Image/Clone

cloning (not imaging) speed -- Macrium vs DD

Semantics.

A clone directly copies a disk to another one without any intermediate step involved.

That is not how FFU works as far as I can tell. You still create an image file which you deploy to a new drive.

FFU is sort of halfway between imaging and cloning as the the image is more a sector by sector copy.

However, in the end it still needs two steps to clone to new drive, and this is more like Macrium backup and restore.

Unless I am mistaken, I cannot see a way to capture data on one drive and SIMULTANEOUSLY deploy it to a new drive which is exactly what Macrium Reflect does when cloning.

In the end, it does not matter except you have to be careful about comparing oranges and apples as you need to take all steps into account when comparing speeds.

As an aside, Reflect's Rapid Delta Cloning (not free version) is awesomely fast if you have an existing clone, and you re-clone provided extent of changes do not involve a build upgrade.

cereberus, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Disk Image/Clone

1. Disk Image/Clone - Similar Threads - Disk Image Clone

2. Can Windows system image backup be used to clone the disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows system image backup be used to clone the disk?: I have this particular problem trying to clone/move my Windows to another, bigger hard drive.The problem is that when trying to restore saved image backup to the new drive there is such message:Interestingly, if I first install new Windows on that drive, then create image and...
  3. Imaging a Linux (or Windows) Disk without Macrium -- Not cloning

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Imaging a Linux (or Windows) Disk without Macrium -- Not cloning: Hi folks Again the wonders of DD -- if you need to image (not clone as that's simple enough) a disk for use as a backup and you don't have an available copy of Macrium to hand it's very easy to use DD to image a disk to a file and restore it. Works on any type of disk....
  4. Disk cloning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cloning: I have an SSD128gb drive that is almost full and ordered 1tb SDD. I also have a 2nd HDD 1tb drive in the pc and although I haven't used Disk Cloning I am attempting to clone the 128gb SSD onto the HDDin pc and when I receive the new 1tb SDD I am thinking to clone from the...
  5. Dumb Question (possibly) about Cloning and Imaging Disks

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dumb Question (possibly) about Cloning and Imaging Disks: Okay, here's the thing. For years, I have been cloning the hard disks whenever I get a new PC or update the OS to a newer version (e.g. XP > Vista, Vista > W7, W7 > W10). I used to use Acronis True Image which always did what I wanted without fuss until earlier this year -...
  6. New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices: A generic question so I don't think I need to provide any specific info. My computers are Windows 10 64-bit. Having trouble recently with some of my computers, and usually people/diagnosis software point out the culprit is the failing hard drives. Whether they're right or...
  7. New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices

New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices: A generic question so I don't think I need to provide any specific info. My computers are Windows 10 64-bit. Having trouble recently with some of my computers, and usually people/diagnosis software point out the culprit is the failing hard drives. Whether they're right or...
  8. Disk cloning

Disk cloning: How to transfer information from Computer 1 to Computer 2? My understanding how to do this is outlined as follows but I am not entirely sure this process would work. Existing Computer 1: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit; have USB flash drive 1 with Windows 10 installation media...
  9. System Disk Image/Clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Disk Image/Clone: There's been some discussion on this in another thread & having previously not been too successful in the past, I'd like to seek some advice. When a disk is cloned it makes an identical copy to another HD; the idea being that if the one in use fails, then the cloned HD can...
  10. cloning / imaging

in Windows 10 Support
    cloning / imaging: Can I clone/ image win 10 to a thumb drive? 77647