Windows 10: Disk image

Discus and support Disk image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I made a disk image using Reflex. I tried to do a restore to see how It would work. I ended up making 4 files all of which can be used to restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Frank1, May 9, 2017.

1. Frank1 Win User

Disk image

I made a disk image using Reflex. I tried to do a restore to see how It would work. I ended up making 4 files all of which can be used to restore because they have all the folders and files that were backed up. Since I don’t need all of them I tried to delete them but they are read-only files. I used the command prompt to change the attribute but with the command prompt I could find the original image but not the files that it created. Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

Frank1, May 9, 2017
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, May 9, 2017
  3. Disk Imaging

Windows 10 performed regular backups on my computer. Some are listed as "images". I started using Ghost more than 15 years ago when it was sold separately. Then Our school district licensed Altiris which was later acquired by Symantec. A few years ago,
    Symantec dropped the original Altiris imaging software and incorporated Ghost. I's all good. As a retired, home user, I cannot afford to purchase Symantec's imaging suite. I cannot see that Symantec sells a stand-alone Ghost product anymore. There are other "drive
    cloning" products available. I am reluctant to trust them...yet. My question: What products work seamlessly with Windows 10 Pro 64bit? Are Windows 10 "backup images" the same as Ghost images in that they are truly clones?

TMBoyle_898, May 9, 2017
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Disk image

You should only delete images through the Reflect interface. Use Restore and the click on other tasks and you'll see the delete option. Deleting full backups will delete any linked incremental and differential backups based on that full backup. If you delete images outside of Reflect you'll mess up the Reflect database.

SoFine409, May 9, 2017
  5. Frank1 Win User
    That worked like a charm! Thank you.

Frank1, May 10, 2017
  6. SoFine409 Win User
    Great to hear that.

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disk image

1. Disk image - Similar Threads - Disk image

2. The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...: Hi thereI am in a dilemma, that I hope someone can help me understand and solve.I normally make Windows Image Backups of my diverse notebooks and sometimes for some reason like one of those notebooks being dead or merely wanting to access the data on one of those HDDs on...
  3. The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...: Hi thereI am in a dilemma, that I hope someone can help me understand and solve.I normally make Windows Image Backups of my diverse notebooks and sometimes for some reason like one of those notebooks being dead or merely wanting to access the data on one of those HDDs on...
  4. Would I be able to view restricted-access directories using a Disk-Image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would I be able to view restricted-access directories using a Disk-Image?: I want to make a Disk-Image of the "C:" drive of my Windows OS. I want to do this as I want to browse through its files without being hindered by file and folder permission-restrictions which restrictions I understand now have good reason for existing otherwise. I was advised...
  5. Would I be able to view restricted-access directories using a Disk-Image?

Would I be able to view restricted-access directories using a Disk-Image?: I want to make a Disk-Image of the "C:" drive of my Windows OS. I want to do this as I want to browse through its files without being hindered by file and folder permission-restrictions which restrictions I understand now have good reason for existing otherwise. I was advised...
  6. Cannot download Windows 11 Disk Image ISO for x64 devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download Windows 11 Disk Image ISO for x64 devices.: Error:We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies when connecting to this service is not generally allowed. If you believe...
  7. Cannot download Windows 11 Disk Image ISO for x64 devices.

Cannot download Windows 11 Disk Image ISO for x64 devices.: Error:We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies when connecting to this service is not generally allowed. If you believe...
  8. Win 11 Disk Image ISO x64 for English United Kingdom, NO OPTION?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Disk Image ISO x64 for English United Kingdom, NO OPTION?: I wanted to fix Win 11 and re-install. The only language options are English USA or English International. But because the install option says the language does not match? I can not save any of my apps? I chose English International but says it does not match my English...
  9. Win 11 Disk Image ISO x64 for English United Kingdom, NO OPTION?

Win 11 Disk Image ISO x64 for English United Kingdom, NO OPTION?: I wanted to fix Win 11 and re-install. The only language options are English USA or English International. But because the install option says the language does not match? I can not save any of my apps? I chose English International but says it does not match my English...
  10. Should Create a Disk Image save free space on a drive?

Should Create a Disk Image save free space on a drive?: Why is it that when I create a disk image of ssd C drive in Windows 7 the size is close to the whole disk 110 GB rather than just the used part which is 80 GB?This is even when the process says "The backup could take up to 80 GB of disk space".Thanks for any advice....