Windows 10: Disk IO being nearly at 100% most of the time

Discus and support Disk IO being nearly at 100% most of the time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, For the past few weeks I am observing 100% Disk IO even when the CPU usage remains in the range of 4-25% and the RAM consumption remains around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by addverma, Sep 2, 2017.

1. addverma Win User

Disk IO being nearly at 100% most of the time

Hi,
    For the past few weeks I am observing 100% Disk IO even when the CPU usage remains in the range of 4-25% and the RAM consumption remains around 30-50%. This is with less than 1-2 applications open. This is given when I restart or shutdown-reboot or log off/in from the laptop. I do not have a SSD.

How can I identify what is causing such a high Disk IO? And how do I resolve it?

:)

addverma, Sep 2, 2017
  2. spw5 Win User

Windows 10 disk at 100% most of the time WHY?

Disk IO being nearly at 100% most of the time [​IMG]

spw5, Sep 2, 2017
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 disk at 100% most of the time WHY?

Hi,

For us to better assist you with the high disk usage issue, we'd like to know which build and version of Windows are your running on your computer? To check, press
    Windows key + R > type winver > hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 2, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Run as many AV and anti-malware as you can first. Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and Advanced Cleaner at least.

CountMike, Sep 2, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Please post screenshots of your task manager (Processes tab, Performance tab (Memory, Disk)).
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image tab above your post to the left of the video icon

Please do a clean boot and repeat those screenshots.
    Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    (part 1)

Please download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) to check your disk and post a screenshot.

Please download and run Crystal DiskMark and post a screenshot of the result to check disk performance.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disk IO being nearly at 100% most of the time - Similar Threads - Disk being nearly

2. Win10 Disk Running 100% Most of the Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Disk Running 100% Most of the Time: I've read dozens of posts on here and still not found an answer. I've delayed programs on startup. I've cleaned with defrag. I'm up-to-date on downloads/updates. I've disabled Nortons. Nothing works. It's random that my disk will run at 100%, sometimes for 5 mins sometimes...
  3. Win10 Disk Running 100% Most of the Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Disk Running 100% Most of the Time: I've read dozens of posts on here and still not found an answer. I've delayed programs on startup. I've cleaned with defrag. I'm up-to-date on downloads/updates. I've disabled Nortons. Nothing works. It's random that my disk will run at 100%, sometimes for 5 mins sometimes...
  4. Win10 Disk Running 100% Most of the Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Most of the time Disk Usage 100% issue.

Most of the time Disk Usage 100% issue.: This is regarding windows 10 disk usage. Even after 2 hours of startup, following items gets more usage in disk and disk usage shows 100%. If it is possible can I know what is the problem and how to fix it. -> Windows modules installer worker -> Antimalware Service...
  6. Disk usage always high, most of the times at 100%

Disk usage always high, most of the times at 100%: Hello. My disk usage is always high. It never hits zero. I've tried every solution I could find on the web, from simple malware scans to disabling windows services like sysmain. With nothing running, it's usually around 60%. When I disabled sysmain it went below 50%....
  7. Nearly always at 100% disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nearly always at 100% disk: My PC is nearly always at 100% disk usage, it's either "system" or "Antimalware service executable" or "Sysmain". It's always something, I always do the updates, restarts when it asks, etc. Yet, every day is another one, surely windows 10 isn't updating every day, so what is...
  8. Disk usage is 100% most of the time!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk usage is 100% most of the time!: I have been facing this '100% disk usage' (in task manager) for the last couple of days. I looked online and tried some solutions including stopping the windows search, superfetch, etc., nothing helped. So I did a reset (keeping files, removing the apps) but the problem...
  9. Disk usage 100% most of the time

Disk usage 100% most of the time: It has been really frustrating using Windows 10 with it, since it´s extremely slow most of the times, with the hard disk showing 100%. I have been searching it over the web, and many dell laptop users have been facing the same problem, where Intel and Microsoft keep throwing...
  10. Disk usage 100% most of the time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk usage 100% most of the time: Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 7000 2 in 1, with a solid state hybrid drive Seagate 500LM. It has been really frustrating using Windows 10 with it, since it´s extremely slow most of the times, with the hard disk showing 100%. I have been searching it over the web, and many...