Windows 10: disk is 100% don't know why?

Discus and support disk is 100% don't know why? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-is-100-dont-know-why/4998af0c-08d7-4cae-b152-a18dc90ae9aa Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SHIKHAR GOSWAMI, Aug 21, 2019.

1. disk is 100% don't know why?

I don't know why this is happening.

:)

SHIKHAR GOSWAMI, Aug 21, 2019
  2. :Filip: Win User

Disk usage running at 100% all the time

My disk is runnig at 100% usage and I have done all I cloud but now I don´t know what to do anymore. I have also checked if it was malware but it´s not.

:Filip:, Aug 21, 2019
  3. TimGrandt Win User
    Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Allan Mej Win User

disk is 100% don't know why?

Disk is always at 100%

Hi Richard,

Some bugs or disk drive errors may cause high disk utilization. If your task manager shows 100% disk utilization, you may need to optimize Windows by following these troubleshooting methods:

Disable Windows Search

Some bug in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 causes some "search loop" that causes maximum utilization of your disk. To disable
    Windows Search, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down to find Windows Search, right-click it, and select
      Properties.
    • Change the Startup type to Disabled and save the changes.

Disable Superfetch Service

Superfetch service has been identified as a possible cause of 100% disk utilization on Windows 10. To disable Superfetch service, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net.exe stop superfetch and press Enter.
    • Wait for a minute for the changes to apply and close the Command Prompt.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

disk is 100% don't know why?

1. disk is 100% don't know why? - Similar Threads - disk 100% don't

2. Why Disk usage is always at 100%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Disk usage is always at 100%?: This is my laptopBrand - AsusModel - X542UQProcessor - i5 7200U @3.07 GHzRam - 8 GBGraphics - Nvidia Geforce GTX 940mxThere were no slots for the SSD upgrade. So, I replaced the optical disk drive with a 500 GB SSD using a caddy and installed Windows 11 on it.The performance...
  3. BOSD and I don't know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BOSD and I don't know why: Good morning, afternoon, night, whatever the time is for anyone!I've been having this issue with my computer where, whenever I'm playing specific games such as valorant I just crash from the game with no error and/or blue screen. I've tried most of the options I could think...
  4. BOSD and I don't know why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BOSD and I don't know why: Good morning, afternoon, night, whatever the time is for anyone!I've been having this issue with my computer where, whenever I'm playing specific games such as valorant I just crash from the game with no error and/or blue screen. I've tried most of the options I could think...
  5. Can I know why my disk usage is always 100%?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I know why my disk usage is always 100%?: I have 4GB RAM laptop.It have 100% disk usage even after restarting.At the same time I have a 2GB RAM desktop PC...it has less disk usage and memory usage than my laptop. Last week i had a clean installation of windows 10 from media creation tool after my laptop facing OS...
  6. Computer Crashing don't know why

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Crashing don't know why: Over the last few months, my computer has been randomly crashing and also slowing down and almost freezing I'm not sure what is causing it. I am attaching the event logs. I hope I provided eveything needed, thanks!https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am_8jZ5cdlraarzLkwbn3uNECQg?e=gxd0Jk...
  7. BSOD don't know why

BSOD don't know why: I,v had a few Blue screens of death lately . The first one happened when i tried to move a video screen ( I was watching a video ) . I thought that may have caused it because i did'nt move the screen properly . I tried to update window's earlier today , that was on ages and...
  8. Bluescreen, and i don't know why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluescreen, and i don't know why: Hello, I'm reaching out to know what was the cause of my Bluescreen, i don't really know where i can find the right answers, i Copy / Paste to you the Log report. (Btw i'm french so the log will be in french, sorry) -------------------------------------------------------...
  9. Why is my disk running at 100%?

Why is my disk running at 100%?: Task manager is showing disk usage at 100% but none of the processes are running more than .1 MB of usage on a terra-byte drive. What's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-disk-running-at-100/05adee76-2b76-4ae9-be7c-16b45e659e65
  10. Don't know why this occur initially

Don't know why this occur initially: [ATTACH] Every time at startup it occurs. I used to press F2 for default values to continue. Is there any problem causing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-know-why-this-occur-initially/a9dd4003-24a1-438e-9182-033f49a9a709