Windows 10: disk is not acessible not in file explorer but pops up in disk managemnt

Discus and support disk is not acessible not in file explorer but pops up in disk managemnt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; one of my disks that I use to store all my stuff is acting up its saying its not accessible but it shows up and disk management. its either set to read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LulJay, Jun 27, 2020.

1. LulJay Win User

disk is not acessible not in file explorer but pops up in disk managemnt

one of my disks that I use to store all my stuff is acting up its saying its not accessible but it shows up and disk management. its either set to read only or something. it happened when I updated it idk whats going on. can somebody control my pc with a remote desktop app and help I tried everything

:)

LulJay, Jun 27, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue disk is not acessible not in file explorer but pops up in disk managemnt :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jun 27, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Disk Clean Up

Hi Clive, use Disk Cleanup, it will only suggest and delete files and folders that are safe to delete . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Jun 27, 2020
  4. disk is not acessible not in file explorer but pops up in disk managemnt

DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

disk is not acessible not in file explorer but pops up in disk managemnt

1. disk is not acessible not in file explorer but pops up in disk managemnt - Similar Threads - disk acessible file

2. Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer: I'm running bootcamp Windows 10 on MacOS Monterey 2018 Macbook Air. I've been using the hard drive Seagate backup to play valorant. However, after a computer restart, now it doesn't show up in file explorer. I tried this on another pc, both running windows 10, and got the...
  3. Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer: I'm running bootcamp Windows 10 on MacOS Monterey 2018 Macbook Air. I've been using the hard drive Seagate backup to play valorant. However, after a computer restart, now it doesn't show up in file explorer. I tried this on another pc, both running windows 10, and got the...
  4. Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File Explorer Popping Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Popping Up: File Explorer keeps popping up without a command. 1. Closed Explorer in task manager/restarted2. Disabled Autoplay3. Disconnected all external drives4. Scanned for viruses and malware, updated all securities5. Windows is up to date6. Ran sfc /scannow7. Created new userNothing...
  6. File Explorer Popping Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Popping Up: File Explorer keeps popping up without a command. 1. Closed Explorer in task manager/restarted2. Disabled Autoplay3. Disconnected all external drives4. Scanned for viruses and malware, updated all securities5. Windows is up to date6. Ran sfc /scannow7. Created new userNothing...
  7. File Explorer Popping Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disk partition not showing up in File Explorer, yet shows up in Disk Management.

Disk partition not showing up in File Explorer, yet shows up in Disk Management.: Hi there, Today I have created a new partition on my disk so that I could store specific files on it in order to keep things clean. Somehow after creating it, immediately after formatting the new partition to NTFS the newly created one showed up in file explorer as it should...
  9. file explorer pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    file explorer pop up: When I quit a game with full screen on, file explorer pop ups. Please, help me with this issue because I need to close it all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-pop-up/b606acdf-0a70-45f5-aa67-60f6ad88dfe1
  10. Out of disk space pop up

Out of disk space pop up: A pop up on the lower right corner of my screen comes up and says I am out of disk space on my F drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/out-of-disk-space-pop-up/224aee24-3c1c-4634-b5bb-830e5fd9e3a7"