Windows 10: Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...

Discus and support Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm very confused here. The disk fills completely until it simply doesn't even show the blue/red bar in This PC. I've checked in the settings menu and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bobgrey, Feb 19, 2024.

1. bobgrey Win User

Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...

I'm very confused here. The disk fills completely until it simply doesn't even show the blue/red bar in This PC. I've checked in the settings menu and looked at the storage, and the total available space goes down but none of the categories go up.

:)

bobgrey, Feb 19, 2024

2. System Specs minor revisions and suggestions

Change: Hard Disk(s) to Storage Device(s)
    Change: LCD/CRT Model: to Display Device(s):
    add an Audio Device(s) = for headsets and speaker set ups.

and as others have suggested before: The option to list more than one system spec

lyndonguitar, Feb 19, 2024
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Settings/System/Storage

Hi Van,

There may be a number of reasons for this type of issue to occur. Kindly provide answers to the questions below, so we can further assess the issue:

• When did this issue start to occur?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Build version of your operating system.
    Please post a screenshot of the storage window as well, so we can have a closer look and see what's happening on that window.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Feb 19, 2024
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...

SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Feb 19, 2024
Thema:

1. Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are... - Similar Threads - Disk keeps filling

2. Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...: I'm very confused here. The disk fills completely until it simply doesn't even show the blue/red bar in This PC. I've checked in the settings menu and looked at the storage, and the total available space goes down but none of the categories go up....
  3. Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...: I'm very confused here. The disk fills completely until it simply doesn't even show the blue/red bar in This PC. I've checked in the settings menu and looked at the storage, and the total available space goes down but none of the categories go up....
  4. Storage space keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage space keeps filling up: My hard drive space has been filling up recently, and most people say to uninstall stuff or to install an app to help. But since my storage space is already full, and some apps won't uninstall. Plus, it says that I have 221 GB in apps, even though the total amount of apps I...
  5. Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None: Every few days, I notice my screensaver doesn't come on. I'll go into the settings, and see that it's set to NONE. Why is this ? I never had this problem with Windows 7. I really don't want to mess around with the registry, as if I end up bricking my computer, my main source...
  6. Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None: Does anyone know why this is happening ? Ever so often, I'll notice that a screensaver doesn't turn on. I'll go into the settings and it says that it's set to no screensaver. I put one back on, but a week or so later, it's turned off again....
  7. Storage keeps filling up!!

Storage keeps filling up!!: Hi, I have a 256GB SSD with my OS on and a 1TB HDD. My SSD keeps randomly filling up, I don't understand why this is happening. Everytime i boot my laptop i loose around 2-3GB. I checked what is taking up my space and i don't understandI'm addding a screenshot. [ATTACH]...
  8. Disk storage keeps filling up

Disk storage keeps filling up: Hello, I have recently used Onedrive to clear space on my PC. All of my photos were uploaded but I've noticed that they keep reappearing and therefore filling up my storage. I have notifications stating that Amazon photos is downloading from Onedrive so it seems that as I...
  9. Storage keeps filling up for no reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage keeps filling up for no reason: This is a real problem I am having - Whenever I have about 210 MB left on my hard disk, the storage just fills itself up to like 16.9 MB. I did not save anything or download anything that time. Can someone help? 134743
  10. Incorrect disk usage values displayed in Settings > System > Storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect disk usage values displayed in Settings > System > Storage: If I open Settings in Windows 10, then go to System > Storage, I get the following usage for C: 161Gb used of 285Gb whereas File Explorer gives the more sensible 21Gb used of 145Gb, which is almost certainly the correct values, given that it is a 145Gb partition, and is a...