Windows 10: Disk listed as RAW

Discus and support Disk listed as RAW in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After windows 10 pro update, my boot drive disappeared. I started with installation disc and went into recovery command prompt. With “Diskpart” I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RudiHenning, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Disk listed as RAW

After windows 10 pro update, my boot drive disappeared. I started with installation disc and went into recovery command prompt. With “Diskpart” I viewed the disks on my pc and my boot disk was listed as RAW, after exiting diskpart, I run chkdsk /f on that drive and it was readable again, however, after restart the drive went back to RAW. I tried this several times and after every reboot the drive goes back to RAW.

How can I fix this permanently?

:)

RudiHenning, Jan 30, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    3. select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk listed as RAW :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 30, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Disk listed as RAW

topgundcp, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Disk listed as RAW

1. Disk listed as RAW - Similar Threads - Disk listed RAW

2. HARD DISK IS SHOWING RAW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HARD DISK IS SHOWING RAW: Hard disk showing raw message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-is-showing-raw/e64ed05b-48bb-4594-a226-2914a72ea49a
  3. HARD DISK IS SHOWING RAW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HARD DISK IS SHOWING RAW: Hard disk showing raw message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-is-showing-raw/e64ed05b-48bb-4594-a226-2914a72ea49a
  4. HARD DISK IS SHOWING RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk Format Changed to RAW

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Format Changed to RAW: I have a 1 tb hard drive which had windows installed on it and had over 500gb of personal data in its user files but it became corrupted when I plugged it into another laptop and since then it wont boot in its original laptop. I have it currently in my other laptop where it...
  6. Disk Format Changed to RAW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Format Changed to RAW: I have a 1 tb hard drive which had windows installed on it and had over 500gb of personal data in its user files but it became corrupted when I plugged it into another laptop and since then it wont boot in its original laptop. I have it currently in my other laptop where it...
  7. Disk Format Changed to RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. SSD disk appear as RAW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD disk appear as RAW: Hi, I posted this in the windows 7 forum before realizing there's a separate forum for windows 10. I got a cloudflare error after posting, so not sure if it was successful. In that case, sorry for double posting, the one in Win7 forum can be removed. While I sat at my...
  9. Raw Hard disk with blue screen

Raw Hard disk with blue screen: Hey guys.. How are ya all I hope you're doing well... Lately, I have been facing a problem on my hp laptop which is running in windows 10 os. First of all, I have a 320 GB hard disk divided to 3 partitions. C partition is running fine but D and E are not. Both D...
  10. list disks

list disks: what is Disk 1 online 8 GB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-disks/70400e46-6603-44e5-bd0d-fd921422f70e