Windows 10: DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

Discus and support DISK MANAGEMENT advance task in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a Windows 10 on an Acer tablet that my screen broke. I had to take out the hard drive and install it on my PC desktop Lenovo ThinkCentre M600 so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jairo Martinez-Nino, Jul 20, 2022.

1. DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

I had a Windows 10 on an Acer tablet that my screen broke. I had to take out the hard drive and install it on my PC desktop Lenovo ThinkCentre M600 so as not to lose the data on my broken tablet. Then unfortunately I had a crash with my PC desktop Windows system, thus and I had no Windows startup, possibly it was a virus that caused this problem. I accessed the MBR through a Linux Ubuntu installation. On my screen, I saw then that I could access Windows through the hard drive of my broken tablet. My question is as follows, can I do in DISK MANAGEMENT place as primary the partition of my ta

:)

Jairo Martinez-Nino, Jul 20, 2022

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue DISK MANAGEMENT advance task :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jul 20, 2022
  3. imanalien Win User
    No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jul 20, 2022
  4. DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

1. DISK MANAGEMENT advance task - Similar Threads - DISK MANAGEMENT advance

2. DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISK MANAGEMENT advance task: I had a Windows 10 on an Acer tablet that my screen broke. I had to take out the hard drive and install it on my PC desktop Lenovo ThinkCentre M600 so as not to lose the data on my broken tablet. Then unfortunately I had a crash with my PC desktop Windows system, thus and I...
  3. DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISK MANAGEMENT advance task: I had a Windows 10 on an Acer tablet that my screen broke. I had to take out the hard drive and install it on my PC desktop Lenovo ThinkCentre M600 so as not to lose the data on my broken tablet. Then unfortunately I had a crash with my PC desktop Windows system, thus and I...
  4. Disk utilization 100% in Task manager

Disk utilization 100% in Task manager: My laptop shows 100% disk utilization in the task manager for the first 20-30 mins after I start my machine. During this time when it is 100%, system performance is very slow. After 30 mins, disk utilization drops again under 20% and everything is normal. I tried reaching...
  5. Disk usage 100 % in task Manager

Disk usage 100 % in task Manager: my disk usage in task manger reaches to 100 % in very short intervals and the system become unresponsive. this problem is from day 1 in my system. I have read lots of solution on internet but nothing helps. Now I have final done a reset of windows by formatting complete...
  6. Disk Usage in task manager

Disk Usage in task manager: Task manager shows "100% disk" most of the time. Have tied all posted remedies but nothing works. Any "good" suggestions? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-in-task-manager/35dcb7c2-2be9-4f90-b85e-a1c1103362b8
  7. Disk 100% in task manager

Disk 100% in task manager: Hello Problem: my computer is lagging today and when I go to task manager it says Disk 100%. yet there is not much running. Equipment: Toshiba laptop, Windows 10, Mcafee security, Windows updates are up to date. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...
  8. Disk 100% in task manager

Disk 100% in task manager: Hello Problem: my computer is lagging today and when I go to task manager it says Disk 100%. yet there is not much running. Equipment: Toshiba laptop, Windows 10, Mcafee security, Windows updates are up to date. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Em...
  9. disk usually 100% in Task manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disk usually 100% in Task manager: Hello my Disk is usually 100% in Task manager, please see below screenshot: [img] how i can disable all application in startup? if i set app in startup its enough? or there is any option for disable app in disk also? cause i see few app they are disabled in...
  10. Extra "Disk/Ethernet" in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra "Disk/Ethernet" in Task Manager: Hey guys, so i have a extra Disk and Ethernet tab in my Task Manager always at 0, i was wondering how it might have appeared there and how i might be able to remove it, it wasn't on my task manager until recently. Thank you. Imgur Disk Management: Imgur 100372