Windows 10: Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1

Discus and support Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer contained an OS Boot C SSD and a regular OEM HDD hard drive. I recently updated my 256GB OEM SSD to a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aida and AlexPrado, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1

My computer contained an OS Boot C SSD and a regular OEM HDD hard drive. I recently updated my 256GB OEM SSD to a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe - M2. After cloning my old OEN SSD using Samsung Data Migration Tool to the new disk, and replacing the old one with the new ones, my regular SATA hard drive was moved to disk 0 in boot order and my operating system SSD is now disk 1. When I boot my PC, I need to press F12 to display the boot menu to start Windows on my new operating system SSD. I disconnected the HD SATA Cable, so that it booted only with SSD and switched to disk 0, it seemed that the problem had been solved, but then I reconnect the regular SATA HD cable and re-boot my PC, and the problem returns, and the regular hard drive was moved back to disk 0 in order to boot again with the same problem

:)

Aida and AlexPrado, Nov 21, 2020

2. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since
    the SSD is Disk 1 the Ubuntu install goes directly to Disk 0 because Disk 0 is first on the list. How can I switch the two Disks so my SSD drive is Disk 0? Thanks.

Katie Witkin, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1 :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1

How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

Hi! My name is Federico. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you, I'll be glad to help you today.

SATA drives numbering is decided by the position in ports. However You can change the order shown by Disk Management by installing a new OS to a different drive. When using SATA drives Windows decides Masters and Slaves by your Bios boot order. The first Drive
    with a Windows OS will be listed as C: and as Disk 0 In Disk Management. So If you install a new drive and put it in place of the other drive (Disk 0) you need to check your bios and make sure it is the first Hard Drive in the boot order if you want it to
    show as Disk 0 in Disk Management. It is ok to have other devices before it but must be the first hard drive. Also you must check your motherboard documentation. Some manufacturers actually make specific ports master or slave.

Source:
    https://superuser.com/questions/668866/how-can-...

I hope this helps solve your inquiry. Do not hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance. I am more than happy to help

Best regards,

Federico

FedericoCareri, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1

1. Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1 - Similar Threads - Disk Management Disk

2. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: This laptop supports 2 drives. I recently added a second drive internal and then just had to perform a clean install of windows 11.For some reason it first tried to install on the secondary drive and now the drives numbers are messed up, ie reversed; so I want to do exactly...
  3. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: This laptop supports 2 drives. I recently added a second drive internal and then just had to perform a clean install of windows 11.For some reason it first tried to install on the secondary drive and now the drives numbers are messed up, ie reversed; so I want to do exactly...
  4. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  5. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  6. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: Hi, I bought a Desktop it came with M.2 MVME PCIe SSD and HDD . the win10 is in the SSD . But the SSD is listed as disk1 and the HDD listed as disk0 in Disk Management. In general it's functioning OK, but today when I installed the Adata SSD Tool Box for maintenance...
  7. My disks in disk management are labeled Disk 11 - 19, I don't have a disk 0 or disk 1, my...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My disks in disk management are labeled Disk 11 - 19, I don't have a disk 0 or disk 1, my...: I'm having a problem. I have two SSDs and an array of HDDs setup on storage spaces that has several volumes on it. Today I tried restarting my computer and when I rebooted I got a BSOD after slowly unplugging my peripherals and harddrives I found out it was my second SSD, my...
  8. How do I switch disk 1 to being disk 0, and disk 0 to being disk 1?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I switch disk 1 to being disk 0, and disk 0 to being disk 1?: I'd heard it's best practice to install Windows on disk 0, and I wanted it on my NVMe SSD and not my 4 TB HDD. So, I only connected the SSD so it would be disk 0. However, after that went smoothly and the C drive was on my SSD, things went downhill. After I shut off the...
  9. How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?

How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?: How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-combine-disk-1-and-disk-0-or-how-take-the/3eed52f7-3b97-42c9-af39-f5b6a9afccc7
  10. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since the SSD is Disk 1 the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change disk 0 to disk 1