Disk Management console view is not up-to-date.

Discus and support Disk Management console view is not up-to-date. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; guys I have a serious problem ... I have 4 primary partition 1.system reserved 2.C 3.D 4.E first three partition r are shown by file manager and last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by masterpradipg, Oct 14, 2014.

1. masterpradipg Win User

guys I have a serious problem ... I have 4 primary partition 1.system reserved 2.C 3.D 4.E
    first three partition r are shown by file manager and last one is only shown in disk management ... when I tried to assign a drive letter it gives error message" The operation failed to complete because the
    Refresh the view by using the refresh task. If the
    problem persists close the disk Management console,
    then restart Disk Manangement or restart " .... disk part is also not showing that drive or volume so that I couldn't assign any letter to it ....
    The problem is with internal hard disk not with external or usb disk ...... probably problem is caused when I installed Windows 10 technical preview alone with I install partition magic which suggests to check errors of drives and I press OK ..... also at the same time have installed wimax usb driver ..... also at the same time I was having some unallocated space and I extended size of c drive by that unallocated space and after that when I opened my computer my drived was not there ......

Even I reformatted and at the time of installation that that very hidden drive was not shown ..... even with Ubuntu live cd I am unable to mount ......
    Plz suggest ...... I need that data drive at any cost

:)

masterpradipg, Oct 14, 2014
  2. Cefizelj' Win User

Disk Management console view is not up-to-date

I am having this strange problem. When I open "This PC" desktop app, there are two volumes listed Windows(C:) and RECOVERY(D:), but when I look in-to my computer Disk Management, besides EFI and Windows(C:) there are two RECOVERY partitions, both hidden
    and 100% empty. I know that recovery is fully functional, so it must be that Disk Management is not up-to-date? Please, advise me, what can I try to correct this issue. Thank you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cefizelj', Oct 14, 2014
  3. Abdul_Malik Win User
    Disk Management console view is not up-to-date

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I would like to inform you that the recovery partitions are system reserved partition and are used to troubleshoot in case you have any issues with the computer. It will not show up under Devices and drives (1st screenshot). If the partitions
    are deleted you will not be able to use the recovery options.

One recovery partition for WindowsRE (winre.wim) and another is for
    Recovery Image (install.wim).

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 14, 2014
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Oct 15, 2014
  5. gregrocker Win User
    gregrocker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Disk Management console view is not up-to-date. - Similar Threads - Disk Management console

1. Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't: I'm working with a HDD where I want to remove partitions. I can see the disk and partitions in Disk Management but not explorer. I want to see the folders/files before I start deleting partitions. This is a removeable disk in a disk bay. How can I see this disk in Windows...
  2. Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...
  3. Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...
  4. Why is Mark Partition Active Greyed out in Disk Management?

Why is Mark Partition Active Greyed out in Disk Management?: Hi, Yesterday I used Disk Management on a couple of 16GB USB flash drives to create a New Simple Volume ran a Full Format on them both as FAT32 with a single partition. Both of them are set up as MBR drives so theres no issue there. Then I decided I'd like to mark one of them...
  5. New drive not showing up in explorer or disk management

New drive not showing up in explorer or disk management: Its a 4TB Barracuda Pro 6 GB/s It shows up in the BIOS (of course it does) but nowhere else. When I first went into disk management I got a prompt asking which partition I wanted and I chose GPT, but the drive didn't show up after. Ive tried different sata ports, memory...
  6. Does this Disk Management screenshot look correct?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does this Disk Management screenshot look correct?: I just swapped out a 512MB SSD drive for a new 1TB SSD drive. Does this screenshot look correct? This drive (D) is only used for data. Thank you. [img] 110424
  7. Disk Management Query

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Management Query: For clarity, even if you delete the 300 MB partition, it is very difficult to reclaim that space as partition managers cannot move the 128MB MSR partition. In fact, in Windows 10 clean installs, that partition is only 16 MB. You can however delete it and recreate it using...