Windows 10: Disk management error.

Discus and support Disk management error. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; [ATTACH] While I tried to extend the volume in D drive it pops the error message like this but I don't want to convert the drive to dynamic.. just I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jeyasurya, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Jeyasurya Win User

Disk management error.

Disk management error. b30abb9b-7230-4df7-96ea-83c46aa05c89?upload=true.png

While I tried to extend the volume in D drive it pops the error message like this but I don't want to convert the drive to dynamic.. just I want to add the unallocated space to that volume D..

:)

Jeyasurya, Jul 9, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk management error. :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Disk management error.

Unable to Connect to Logical Disk Manager Service Error in Computer Management

WELL, I'll be an "S.O.B."! I got it... lol, just now!

Apparently, & I am going to record this & BOOKMARK/FAV it in my webbrowsers as "HOW TO FIX LOGICAL DISK MANAGER HASSLES" (lol), it is SOMETHING in my services!

You need THIS list of them running (provided you have them online that is, some OS won't have SOME of these (this is Windows Server 2003) & some are 3rd party & won't matter):

Disk management error. SERVICESNEEDEDFORLOGICALDISKMGT2SERVICES.jpg

* NO SAFE MODE REQUIRED - THIS FIXED IT, PURELY SERVICES RELATED... oddly, no "dependencies" other than the ones the services need (RPC & Plug n Play) are listed in the 2 services for Logical Disk Management... it's like MS missed (somehow) the fact that there IS other dependencies on other services than what they list!

That list above is PROBABLY "overkill" & it is only a fraction of that list above, but the point is there... with ALL of those active? Logical Disk Manager "gets its act together" again & works!

APK

P.S.=> BRB, with screenshot of services & their startup status needed for this to work, in case anyone else hits this... it is a real you-know-what if you can't get to a disk to format it, lol... so, recording it for everyone's sake! apk

Alec§taar, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Disk management error.

1. Disk management error. - Similar Threads - Disk management error

2. Disk manager Error Reducting a Volume.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk manager Error Reducting a Volume.: Well, trying to reduct Volume of my main partition C: There was an error, here it is an image, on spanish but il translate it: Its posible that the selected volume for reduct is damaged, Use chkdsk to repair the damage and then try to reduct the volume again, I tried to Use...
  3. Disk manager Error Reducting a Volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk manager Error Reducting a Volume.: Well, trying to reduct Volume of my main partition C: There was an error, here it is an image, on spanish but il translate it: Its posible that the selected volume for reduct is damaged, Use chkdsk to repair the damage and then try to reduct the volume again, I tried to Use...
  4. Disk manager Error Reducting a Volume.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. disk manager error the device is not ready

disk manager error the device is not ready: So i have a 1tb external solid state drive that im attempting to reset to be useable. it came with my computer originally but has issues with the bootloader potentially being wiped or corrupted. im attempting to use disk management but keep getting the device is not ready...
  6. disk manager error the device is not ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk manager error the device is not ready: So i have a 1tb external solid state drive that im attempting to reset to be useable. it came with my computer originally but has issues with the bootloader potentially being wiped or corrupted. im attempting to use disk management but keep getting the device is not ready...
  7. disk manager error the device is not ready

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disk Management Reports in Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Management Reports in Error: Curiosity here. (Using Windows 10 version 10.0.19042) In Disk Management (Windows 10) my drives are all reported as NTFS Right clicking each drive, going to Properties, then Volumes, they are reported as GPT I know they are all GPT Just wondering why Win 10's Disk management...
  9. Disk Management Error

Disk Management Error: Hello, My C Drive is full and I have a big empty D Drive so I was trying to merge the two. I shrunk down the D drive to free up a bunch of unallocated space. However, this unallocated space is located on disk 0 and my C drive is on disk 1. So I tried converting the disks to...
  10. Disk Management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Management: I open Disk Management and I receive the message: "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service" how do I fix this problem? The machine is a Dell Desktop XPS-8700 Windows 10 Pro Version:1803 OS Build 17134.228 Installed on 05/05/2018...