Windows 10: Disk Management for External SSD drive

Discus and support Disk Management for External SSD drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a Samsung 500 GB SSD T5 and I'd like to use it without the Samsung app, just as an external drive. Disk management shows it as a 42 MB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frank Plankey, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Disk Management for External SSD drive

I bought a Samsung 500 GB SSD T5 and I'd like to use it without the Samsung app, just as an external drive. Disk management shows it as a 42 MB partition. I'd like to delete this partition and reclaim the rest of my 500 GBs but nothing I do will allow this. Is this an issue with the drive interface being locked to prevent this use?

Any suggestions?

:)

Frank Plankey, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Jefrison Win User

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    SSD not being shown in disk management

Hello,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify the cause of the issue:

• Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port?
    • Have you checked if the SSD is visible in Device Manager? Follow these steps to verify if it is visible in Device Manager:
      • Right-click on Start and click-on Device Manager.
      • Click-on the Disk drive and check if it is there.
      • If it is visible, try to check if you can update its driver.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Apr 17, 2019
  4. seejp Win User

Disk Management for External SSD drive

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Disk Management for External SSD drive

1. Disk Management for External SSD drive - Similar Threads - Disk Management External

2. SSD showing as 4 separate drives in disk manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD showing as 4 separate drives in disk manager.: I have recently bought a 8TB SSD, and it is showing up as 4 different drives in disk management. I have also unallocated all the storage in an attempt to reformat the drive to be one disk, but I am having trouble getting it to work....
  3. SSD showing as 4 separate drives in disk manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD showing as 4 separate drives in disk manager.: I have recently bought a 8TB SSD, and it is showing up as 4 different drives in disk management. I have also unallocated all the storage in an attempt to reformat the drive to be one disk, but I am having trouble getting it to work....
  4. how to get external drive to show in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get external drive to show in disk management: Anyone no a couple quick easy clicks that will make this computer see external drives and devices in disk management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-external-drive-to-show-in-disk/f7a10a9b-2ea0-49e9-8e3d-5625d113ffc1
  5. how to get external drive to show in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get external drive to show in disk management: Anyone no a couple quick easy clicks that will make this computer see external drives and devices in disk management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-external-drive-to-show-in-disk/f7a10a9b-2ea0-49e9-8e3d-5625d113ffc1
  6. how to get external drive to show in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. If external drive does NOT show in Disk Management...is it done?

If external drive does NOT show in Disk Management...is it done?: I have an 2TB WD My Ultra Passport external drive which has always worked fine but today I plugged it in and it took long for the drive icon to show up in Windows Explorer. When i clicked it - my system was frozen until I physically disconnected it. I tried different ports...
  8. External SSD Drives

External SSD Drives: W-10 No Longer Recognizes External SSD Drives on Dell XPS. HP Pavilion does with no problem. Have uninstalled and reinstalled USB Drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-ssd-drives/b13f61d3-e987-4f29-be39-bfc08a38b7e6
  9. SSD external drive

SSD external drive: My external ssd device connected to my hp laptop. Device Manager shows ssd in Disk Device but not on system directory....no external drive label https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-external-drive/3df1d677-63b9-4b76-9ac3-0d0f2f7b15fc
  10. Seagate external drive recognized by device manager but not disk management

Seagate external drive recognized by device manager but not disk management: Hello I have a 4 TB seagate imagepro external harddrive which I have been using for about two years. Every time I plugged it in I would get a message saying there are problems with the drive and I always ignored it. Finally I chose the option to scan and repair. While this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung ssd t5 install

2. samsung ssd t5 portable ... cannot find on Windows 10