Windows 10: Disk Management has drive listed twice

Discus and support Disk Management has drive listed twice in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I remove Disk 0 Partition 3 [img] 127718 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Moolah, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Moolah Win User

Disk Management has drive listed twice

How do I remove Disk 0 Partition 3

Disk Management has drive listed twice [​IMG]

:)

Moolah, Feb 23, 2019

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk Management has drive listed twice :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Disk Management has drive listed twice

How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Disk Management has drive listed twice

1. Disk Management has drive listed twice - Similar Threads - Disk Management has

2. A Raid 1 Disk listed twice in Explorer and diskmgmt.msc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Raid 1 Disk listed twice in Explorer and diskmgmt.msc: Hi My system has an os disk, and a raid 1 disk which has two disks. The OS disk is labelled c: and raid 1 disk was labelled d:After I plugged in a expansion usb drive and removed it as it caused a drive offline error caused by a disk collision I now see two copies of the raid...
  3. A Raid 1 Disk listed twice in Explorer and diskmgmt.msc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Raid 1 Disk listed twice in Explorer and diskmgmt.msc: Hi My system has an os disk, and a raid 1 disk which has two disks. The OS disk is labelled c: and raid 1 disk was labelled d:After I plugged in a expansion usb drive and removed it as it caused a drive offline error caused by a disk collision I now see two copies of the raid...
  4. In Disk Management My External Drive has NO drive letter & NO File System

In Disk Management My External Drive has NO drive letter & NO File System: I needed to find a Larger Drive for my Files/Folders Backup but ran into the following issues when attempting to Mount said drive! In Disk Management my 2GBPrimary Partition External Drive shows as Online & Healthy yet NO file system & NO drive letter available, hence not...
  5. Disk Management list order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management list order: I recently added two USB splitters and decided to reassign the drive letters so they're easier to find.Having done that I went on line looking for how to have the drives listed in alphabetical order In DISK MANAGEMENT. All I found was instructions on how to show the drive...
  6. Disk Management list order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management list order: I recently added two USB splitters and decided to reassign the drive letters so their easier to find.Having done that I went on line looking for how to have the drives listed in alphabetical order In DISK MANAGEMENT. All I found was instructions on how to show the drive...
  7. Disk Management list order

Disk Management list order: I recently added two USB splitters and decided to reassign the drive letters so their easier to find.Having done that I went on line looking for how to have the drives listed in alphabetical order In DISK MANAGEMENT. All I found was instructions on how to show the drive...
  8. Disk Management has drive listed twice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Management has drive listed twice: How do I remove Disk 0 Partition 3 [img] 127718
  9. M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,: Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD. Can anybody help me resolve this, please?...
  10. External drive in Disk Management no longer has drive letter nor a file system listed. Bad...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External drive in Disk Management no longer has drive letter nor a file system listed. Bad...: I have a nonresponsive external drive F: which quit responding after I interrupted an active file transfer C: to F: in Windows copy. The software seemed to hang during 'cancel copying' so I just rebooted my laptop at that point rather than continue waiting. That may have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Fix two partitions labelled D

2. disk showing up twice in disk management

3. xps tower computer disk management pics