Windows 10: Disk Management Isn't Correct

Discus and support Disk Management Isn't Correct in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 from the same hard drive. Recently, I had to reinstall Win 10. I can no longer dual boot, as you can see in screen shot. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Moolah, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Moolah Win User

Disk Management Isn't Correct

I dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 from the same hard drive. Recently, I had to reinstall Win 10. I can no longer dual boot, as you can see in screen shot. I have no idea how to fix it as it was before the reinstalling.

Disk Management Isn't Correct [​IMG]

:)

Moolah, Nov 25, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk Management Isn't Correct :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Disk Management Isn't Correct

Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Disk Management Isn't Correct

1. Disk Management Isn't Correct - Similar Threads - Disk Management Isn't

2. RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer: I have not made any changes to this PC for about 2 years. All of a sudden it is not showing my RAM in Disk Management and File Explorer. Please help I am unable to use my PC for gaming because it's saying drives are missing or I don't have storage....
  3. RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer: I have not made any changes to this PC for about 2 years. All of a sudden it is not showing my RAM in Disk Management and File Explorer. Please help I am unable to use my PC for gaming because it's saying drives are missing or I don't have storage....
  4. RAM isn't showing in Disk Management and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disk Management Not Updating Correctly When New Drive Is Connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management Not Updating Correctly When New Drive Is Connected: I'm a repair technician and in our shop we have a computer that we regularly connect customer drives to. Over the years there have easily been hundreds if not thousands of different drives connected to it. I'm in a situation where when I disconnect one drive and then connect...
  6. Disk Management Not Updating Correctly When New Drive Is Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management Not Updating Correctly When New Drive Is Connected: I'm a repair technician and in our shop we have a computer that we regularly connect customer drives to. Over the years there have easily been hundreds if not thousands of different drives connected to it. I'm in a situation where when I disconnect one drive and then connect...
  7. Disk Management Not Updating Correctly When New Drive Is Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. boot isn't correct

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot isn't correct: I am not sure what is happening, the boot doesn't seem correct or is missing something. please see shared filehttps://1drv.ms/f/s!Ahj2GWP9MhPWsR31_2PtsFvboOY6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-isnt-correct/f309e474-268d-4ae4-8e1f-5b70fa034c4b
  9. Disk Management Isn't Corect

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Management Isn't Corect: I dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 from the same hard drive. Recently, I had to reinstall Win 10. I can no longer dual boot, as you can see in screen shot. I have no idea how to fix it as it was before the reinstalling. [img] 145110
  10. Does this Disk Management screenshot look correct?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does this Disk Management screenshot look correct?: I just swapped out a 512MB SSD drive for a new 1TB SSD drive. Does this screenshot look correct? This drive (D) is only used for data. Thank you. [img] 110424