Windows 10: Disk Management not responding in Windows 11 - not able to delete 'Basic Data Partition' D:

Discus and support Disk Management not responding in Windows 11 - not able to delete 'Basic Data Partition' D: in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a 'Basic Data Partition' D: on my laptop hard drive ... don't need this anymore, so want to delete it ... two things I tried, nothing works:1 in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by StefanBrundobler, May 19, 2022.

1. Disk Management not responding in Windows 11 - not able to delete 'Basic Data Partition' D:

I have a 'Basic Data Partition' D: on my laptop hard drive ... don't need this anymore, so want to delete it ... two things I tried, nothing works:1 in 'Settings', type 'partition' in the 'Find a setting' box ... select 'Manage Disk and Volumes' ... then get basically an empty window w\ header 'System > Storage > Disks & volumes', and nothing below it ...2 I go directly to the older 'Disk Management' screen say via WINDOWS-x, then selecting 'Disk Management' ... everything looks fine there, I can see my D: drive ... but if I 'right-click' the partition D: and select 'Delete Vol

:)

StefanBrundobler, May 19, 2022
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 19, 2022
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Disk Management not responding in Windows 11 - not able to delete 'Basic Data Partition' D: partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, May 19, 2022
  4. Disk Management not responding in Windows 11 - not able to delete 'Basic Data Partition' D:

Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, May 19, 2022
Thema:

Disk Management not responding in Windows 11 - not able to delete 'Basic Data Partition' D:

1. Disk Management not responding in Windows 11 - not able to delete 'Basic Data Partition' D: - Similar Threads - Disk Management responding

2. Disk D: Partition Gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk D: Partition Gone.: After our hardware maintenance, the Disk D: partition was gone. I tried rescanning from Disk Management and System restore but It wasn't able to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-d-partition-gone/2fb72bb6-e4ac-4374-826d-aa320a4850c4
  3. Can I delete Healthy basic data partition to gain space ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete Healthy basic data partition to gain space ?: can we delete that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-healthy-basic-data-partition-to-gain/5a850116-33a3-4cd4-8a0a-265f24c7dd60
  4. Can I delete Healthy basic data partition to gain space ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete Healthy basic data partition to gain space ?: can we delete that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-healthy-basic-data-partition-to-gain/5a850116-33a3-4cd4-8a0a-265f24c7dd60
  5. Can I delete the Data D: partition on windows 10

Can I delete the Data D: partition on windows 10: Since I got my windows 10 PC I have noticed an extra partition on my HDD Hard Disk Drive called Data D: with some windows data and my other installed programs Do I really need this partition on my HDD or do I need it to run windows?...
  6. Can I delete the Data D: partition on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I delete the Data D: partition on windows 10: Since I got my windows 10 PC I have noticed an extra partition on my HDD Hard Disk Drive called Data D: with some windows data and my other installed programs Do I really need this partition on my HDD or do I need it to run windows?...
  7. Can I delete the Data D: partition on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Disk Management not responding in Windows 11 - not able to delete 'Basic Data Partition' D:

Disk Management not responding in Windows 11 - not able to delete 'Basic Data Partition' D:: I have a 'Basic Data Partition' D: on my laptop hard drive ... don't need this anymore, so want to delete it ... two things I tried, nothing works:1 in 'Settings', type 'partition' in the 'Find a setting' box ... select 'Manage Disk and Volumes' ... then get basically an...
  9. Not able to delete partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to delete partition: Hi, I have 3 partitions on my disk C, D & E. Previously windows were installed on partition E, now it is installed on partition C. Now I am trying to delete the partition E but it is not allowing me to delete it. This could be because E partition is the primary partition &...
  10. PC reset deletes data in D-drive partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC reset deletes data in D-drive partition: My PC comes with Windows 10 installed in the C-drive with another partition D-drive for data storage. I did a backup to D-drive before doing a "Remove Everything" PC reset. However, all data in D-drive was also deleted. Why does PC reset also delete data in D-drive and how do...