Windows 10: disk management on remote computer

Discus and support disk management on remote computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, in Disk Management (W10) I don't see an option for connection to remote computer. Just wondering is it possible by another means... Thanks. 150008 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mla, Feb 6, 2020.

1. MLA
    mla Win User

disk management on remote computer

Hi,
    in Disk Management (W10) I don't see an option for connection to remote computer.
    Just wondering is it possible by another means...

Thanks.

:)

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue disk management on remote computer :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Feb 6, 2020
  4. disk management on remote computer

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

disk management on remote computer

1. disk management on remote computer - Similar Threads - disk management remote

2. Disk Management Refresh Says "The remote procedure call failed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management Refresh Says "The remote procedure call failed": None of my removable drives show up. This just started happening. There was also a Windows update at the same time.I have:Windows 10 Pro19044.2251RPCSS says it is running with startup type automatic.RPC locator is set to manual, and apparently not running.My removable drive...
  3. Disk Management Refresh Says "The remote procedure call failed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Management Refresh Says "The remote procedure call failed": None of my removable drives show up. This just started happening. There was also a Windows update at the same time.I have:Windows 10 Pro19044.2251RPCSS says it is running with startup type automatic.RPC locator is set to manual, and apparently not running.My removable drive...
  4. Disk Management Refresh Says "The remote procedure call failed"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Remote Computer Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Computer Management: Hello, Working on domain Win 10 Pro systems. I am able to use Computer management on the target PC and it shows Task Scheduler, Event Log, Shared, and Users/Groups fine but when I click on Device Manager, I get the fallowing error. On my PC and the target, I have enabled...
  6. Cannot remote manage Windows domain computer

Cannot remote manage Windows domain computer: I don't know why I cannot manage a domain computers (Windows 10) using user that is in local admin group. I would like to power shell 'Rename-Computer' or 'Restart-Computer' but I can't. I do no want to use domain administrator for such tasks only local admins, so let say I...
  7. "RPC server not available" - Computer Management/Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "RPC server not available" - Computer Management/Disk Management: For months now I have been unable to connect USB drives automatically in Win 10. When I go to Computer Management/Disk Management I often see the drive there, but with no drive letter, so I have to manually add the drive with a new drive letter. If I try to "Refresh" or...
  8. "RPC server not available" - Computer Management/Disk Management

in Windows 10 Support
    "RPC server not available" - Computer Management/Disk Management: For months now I have been unable to connect USB drives automatically in Win 10. When I go to Computer Management/Disk Management I often see the drive there, but with no drive letter, so I have to manually add the drive with a new drive letter. If I try to "Refresh" or...
  9. How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers

in Windows 10 News
    How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers: [ATTACH] Many people tend to use multiple devices. This includes their smartphones, personal laptops, desktops in offices and homes. Even after a great cloud-based integration with the services like OneDrive, some simple things really need the physical presence of the user...
  10. Managing a Computer Remotely

Managing a Computer Remotely: Hello. I am new to this forum, and don't know anything about Windows or administration. I would like to know what I would need to do to manage another Windows computer remotely. This might include the ability to changes settings on the remote machine, update software,...