Windows 10: Disk management query

Discus and support Disk management query in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have spotted an unallocated partition in Disk Management. Is this a problem? How do I get rid of it if necessary? [img] 137022 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arbee, Jul 21, 2019.

1. arbee Win User

Disk management query

I have spotted an unallocated partition in Disk Management. Is this a problem? How do I get rid of it if necessary?

Disk management query [​IMG]

:)

arbee, Jul 21, 2019

2. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk management query :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Geosammy Win User

Disk management query

Disk Management Query

@topgundcp
    Whad'ya Know?... you're correct.
    I was wondering why I noticed 5 partitions and only seen 4.*Redface

Disk management query [​IMG]

I'm guessing the best thing I could do for now,
    would be to leave it as is?

Will I really gain anything form removing useless ( or what I think are useless) partitions?

Geosammy, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Disk management query

1. Disk management query - Similar Threads - Disk management query

2. COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.

in Windows 10 Customization
    COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.: I calibrate and profile my laptop for photo editing in photoshop. I currently use Windows 10 on my laptop. I create my own ICC profiles and add them to All Profiles in the Windows 10 Colour Management tool. I then go back to the Devices section,click Use my Settings and...
  3. COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.: I calibrate and profile my laptop for photo editing in photoshop. I currently use Windows 10 on my laptop. I create my own ICC profiles and add them to All Profiles in the Windows 10 Colour Management tool. I then go back to the Devices section,click Use my Settings and...
  4. Disk management security and redundancy exam query

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk management security and redundancy exam query: I recently passed my CompTIA core 2 exam but there was a specific part of a question i was unsure about. It was simple disk partitioning in disk management but then it went on to say "The new partitions must be formatted to ensure that users files can be secured from other...
  5. Disk management security and redundancy exam query

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk management security and redundancy exam query: I recently passed my CompTIA core 2 exam but there was a specific part of a question i was unsure about.It was simple disk partitioning in disk management but then it went on to say "The new partitions must be formatted to ensure that users files can be secured from other...
  6. Remote Desktop Server Manager query

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Server Manager query: In Remote Desktop Server Manager - where the Process tab. We are running version 2017 and i need to end a hung session for a user. I dont want to disconnect or log it off as they will lose their other applications. Thank you...
  7. Query: Regarding disk drive size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query: Regarding disk drive size: Is it true that the C:\Windows folder's size won't increase any further after it reaches 25-26 GB?So would that mean that Windows Updates won't take any more space after the Windows folder reaches this size? Does the Windows update-mechanism work this way onlyreferring to the...
  8. File Manager query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Manager query: I have an issue on my Win10 Machine. Whenever I try to create a new folder on my desktop it's automatically named New folder(2) ; Which means that there is already a folder with that name. I have done multiple searches on my desktop through file explorer with all the hidden...
  9. Disk management query

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk management query: I have spotted an unallocated partition in Disk Management. Is this a problem? How do I get rid of it if necessary? [img] 137022
  10. Disk Management Query

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Management Query: For clarity, even if you delete the 300 MB partition, it is very difficult to reclaim that space as partition managers cannot move the 128MB MSR partition. In fact, in Windows 10 clean installs, that partition is only 16 MB. You can however delete it and recreate it using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 disk manager options greyed out