Windows 10: Disk management question after installing w10 to new ssd

Discus and support Disk management question after installing w10 to new ssd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Got a new SSD and installed Windows 10 to it. Screenshot - 4088ea7e17f1f494fa39ca300dc6e2c2 - Gyazo Does this look correct? Or do i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hellouu, Sep 16, 2016.

1. hellouu Win User

Disk management question after installing w10 to new ssd

Hello,

Got a new SSD and installed Windows 10 to it.

Screenshot - 4088ea7e17f1f494fa39ca300dc6e2c2 - Gyazo

Does this look correct? Or do i have some remnants from the old os or something because i have those system reserveds on the hdd. Or is it normal to have those. Having some performance issues with new gpu gtx 1060. Good temps on gpu and cpu.

:)

hellouu, Sep 16, 2016
  2. JS72 Win User

download Windows 10 upgrade to dvd

Right... but how do I get the W10 clean install on the new SSD after it is on the old disk drive ? I want to take out the disk drive and clean install it on the new SSD . Do you mean the option to clean install on the SSD will be available if both drives
    are in during the upgrade ? Then I can remove the old drive and it will then boot with W10 on the SSD?

3. W10 recovery

1. Created W10 recovery drive including system files. (USB)

2. Able to initiate boot from this drive.

3. Will I be able to recover system to a new hard disk after disk failure OR installing SSD to replace standard disk? (or do I have to buy Acronis 16 to do this).

(Lenovo T400 with recent upgrade from W7 to W10.)

saundersPR, Sep 16, 2016
  4. Grizzly Win User

Disc 0 looks ok for a setup with MBR. Disc 1 seems to have remnants of an old system like Win 7. Since Disc 1 has basically nothing on it, you could delete all partitions and make one big partition of 1TB and keep your files one that one (just have to change the location of the document, music, video, picture etc folder to the second drive)

Grizzly, Sep 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Disk management question after installing w10 to new ssd - Similar Threads - Disk management question

2. Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD: I have installed a new SSD. On my bios setting it show a new SATA drive, but disk management does not show any of unallocated disk so that I was enable to initialise it. What can I do? Please help me....
  3. New Samsung SSD not seen by Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Samsung SSD not seen by Disk Manager: Bios sees the new SSD, device manager sees the new SSD, but Disk Manager is blind! Device manager says SSD is working properly and has the best Driver. I can't seem to find an answer as to why the new SSD is not seen by the Disk Manager. I cannot Initialize the SSD because...
  4. New Samsung SSD not seen by Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Samsung SSD not seen by Disk Manager: Bios sees the new SSD, device manager sees the new SSD, but Disk Manager is blind! Device manager says SSD is working properly and has the best Driver. I can't seem to find an answer as to why the new SSD is not seen by the Disk Manager. I cannot Initialize the SSD because...
  5. New Samsung SSD not seen by Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Disk management question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk management question: How to convert dynamic partition to basic partition through disk management or any other free helpful application. submitted by /u/iMahdik99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5crcj/disk_management_question/
  7. Installing New SSD Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing New SSD Questions: Hello, I am installing a new SSD in my younger brothers PC and just want to make sure that I know what I am doing before I do it. Against my better judgement he bought a prebuilt PC from bestbuy that didnt come with an SSD so naturally his OS is on a HDD, my question is what...
  8. Disk management question?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk management question?: In Disk Management..When you create a New Simple Volume on Unallocated space there is a screen where you must select a drive letter. I'm presuming that when you choose a drive letter here that it will be a fixed drive letter. Is there any way of creating a new simple volume...
  9. Questions after new install of full Windows 10 and new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions after new install of full Windows 10 and new SSD: I would appreciate if somebody could explain to me why I have a folder called Windows.old and windows 10upgrade in my C:\ I was having several issues with my Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7, Microsoft remote accessed my computer 4 times before they could fix it. After...
  10. Install W10 on new SSD Failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install W10 on new SSD Failing: I have a Sony Vaio laptop (VPCYB15KX), a bit old but working nonetheless currently running Windows 7 Home Premium and works fine, but is quite slow so I decided to upgrade to an SSD. Picked up a crucial MX200 250 GB SSD and was going to upgrade to Windows 10 (fresh install)...