Windows 10: Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't

Discus and support Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm working with a HDD where I want to remove partitions. I can see the disk and partitions in Disk Management but not explorer. I want to see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lbeck, Jun 1, 2018.

1. lbeck Win User

Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't

I'm working with a HDD where I want to remove partitions. I can see the disk and partitions in Disk Management but not explorer. I want to see the folders/files before I start deleting partitions.

This is a removeable disk in a disk bay.

How can I see this disk in Windows File Explorer?

:)

lbeck, Jun 1, 2018

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 12, 2018
  3. DFshHntr Win User
    Added HDD not showing in File Manager

As suggested in the article for Win 8, I opened Disk Management, right clicked on the HDD, and changed the name to E: HDD. That worked. Many thanks.

DFshHntr, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't

1. Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't - Similar Threads - Disk Management shows

2. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  3. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  4. My 2.0TB HDD is not showing up in Explorer. In Windows Disk Management, it is showing up as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 2.0TB HDD is not showing up in Explorer. In Windows Disk Management, it is showing up as...: My WD 2.0TB Harddisk is not showing up on Windows Explorer as an externally connected harddisk. In Windows Disk Management, it is showing up as: Healthy GPT Protective Partition, Disk 5 Basic 16388.00GB, Onlinesee picture. No drive letter, and the window to assign...
  5. My 2.0TB HDD is not showing up in Explorer. In Windows Disk Management, it is showing up as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 2.0TB HDD is not showing up in Explorer. In Windows Disk Management, it is showing up as...: My WD 2.0TB Harddisk is not showing up on Windows Explorer as an externally connected harddisk. In Windows Disk Management, it is showing up as: Healthy GPT Protective Partition, Disk 5 Basic 16388.00GB, Onlinesee picture. No drive letter, and the window to assign...
  6. External HDD not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External HDD not showing up in disk management: My 1TB external Seagate HDD is being detected in device manger, but I cannot see it on disk management. When I connect it, it beeps 5 times, no matter which port I use submitted by /u/vininhosts [link] [comments]...
  7. Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager: This HDD is a 2tb, I've been using it for almost 10 years now, however yesterday I noticed the drive was missing in "This PC". I shut down the PC while holding shift while clicking shutdown. HDD came back upon reboot. Later in the night while playing a game, I got a...
  8. Unable to access internal HDD, shows in disk management but not explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access internal HDD, shows in disk management but not explorer.: Hi. I am unable to access the secondary HDD in my PC. the drive shows in disk management but shows as an empty drive but there is data on it which i need for my business. I have tried the basics and still cant access the drive. Thanks...
  9. Explorer doesn't shows HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Explorer doesn't shows HDD: I'm working with a HDD where I want to remove partitions. I can see the disk and partitions in Disk Management but not explorer. I want to see the folders/files before I start deleting partitions. This is a removeable disk in a disk bay. How can I see this disk in Windows...
  10. Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk management doesnt allow explore