Windows 10: Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even...

Discus and support Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've been trying to create a partition out of unallocated space on my HDD. In disk management it shows 427.30 GB as unallocated space. If i try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SanmitraPol, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even...

So I've been trying to create a partition out of unallocated space on my HDD. In disk management it shows 427.30 GB as unallocated space. If i try to create a Simple Volume through the 'New Simple Volume Wizard' and select the defaults, it shows an error message saying "There is not enough space available on the disks to complete this operation." Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even... 50ba6162-38e6-4ce1-affd-6bd5e96d0a77?upload=true.png Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even... bba0448e-4d4d-4d81-b3af-c27cb628718d?upload=true.png Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even... 8ebf0426-128f-4a61-8eb4-bc23ea57c8df?upload=true.png Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even... af139fd7-7fa5-4fd6-a4d2-9ecec3689b29?upload=true.png

:)

SanmitraPol, Aug 29, 2020

2. Disk Management - There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation

While trying to partition my Local Disk (CDisk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even... :), I get the following error:

Disk Management - There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation.

System Information

Surface Book running Windows 10 Pro

SSD has 952.65 GB Capacity with 882.31 GB Free Space

Disk Management Utility shows 148 GB as space available to shrink

Steps Tried so Far:

a) Disable Hibernation

b) Disabled pagefile

c) Disabled System Protection

d) Disabled Kernel Memory Dump

e) Used Defraggler to defragment

f) Used free partition tools like Ease US Partition Master and Minitool Partition Wizard - The option to Move/Resize Volume are greyed out.

After all these steps, I'm still getting the same error. Please help.

danisfermijohn, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even...

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even... :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even...

1. Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even... - Similar Threads - Disk Management shows

2. Disk full even when enough space is available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk full even when enough space is available.: I was downloading something from torrent which was of 45 GB in size. My D drive had 65 GB space left. After downloading 28 GB, torrent reported that my disk is full. Same happened when I tried downloading a game with steam yesterday and even before that. Once I was extracting...
  3. Disk full even when enough space is available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk full even when enough space is available.: I was downloading something from torrent which was of 45 GB in size. My D drive had 65 GB space left. After downloading 28 GB, torrent reported that my disk is full. Same happened when I tried downloading a game with steam yesterday and even before that. Once I was extracting...
  4. there is not enough memory to complete the operation, on a empty ssd disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is not enough memory to complete the operation, on a empty ssd disk: Dear community,I have just bought a new dell laptop.It comes with 500gb of ssd, where windows is installed. I have used the tool "disk management" to create a partition of 200 gb from those initial 500 gb. So now, I have a partition of 300 and another one of 200 gb, I am...
  5. there is not enough memory to complete the operation, on a empty ssd disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is not enough memory to complete the operation, on a empty ssd disk: Dear community,I have just bought a new dell laptop.It comes with 500gb of ssd, where windows is installed. I have used the tool "disk management" to create a partition of 200 gb from those initial 500 gb. So now, I have a partition of 300 and another one of 200 gb, I am...
  6. there is not enough space on the disks to complete this operation

in Windows 10 Customization
    there is not enough space on the disks to complete this operation: [ATTACH] I had kali-linux installed on one HDD partition of 73 GB. Now I deleted the kali-linux after that If I want to make a new volume with unallotted memory or extend volume of the existing volume D:. I am getting the error like shown in the picture. I tried to google it...
  7. There Is Not Enough Space Available On The Disk(s) To Complete This Op

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There Is Not Enough Space Available On The Disk(s) To Complete This Op: Hello, I've just installed brand new ssd in my PC and swithed from hdd to it. I formated the partition on hdd where i had a system installed. When i tried to extend me old hdd's partition that i store data on, i got an error : "There Is Not Enough Space Available On The...
  8. There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation

in Windows 10 News
    There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When trying to create a new partition or shrink a volume or extend a volume using the Disk Management Utility, you may encounter an error that says – There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this [...] This post There is not enough...
  9. There is not enough space available on the disk to complete this operation - ERROR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There is not enough space available on the disk to complete this operation - ERROR: i tried to shrink space from C drive to make it unallocated , i gave 50GB from 631GB which i have still it always shows no enough space.....please help [ATTACH]...
  10. not enough disk space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not enough disk space.: I am trying to update windows 10 but it tells me I do not have enough disk space. I have added a flash driver and a sdhc but still says not enough disk space....