Windows 10: Disk Management - SSD Does not Exist

Discus and support Disk Management - SSD Does not Exist in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently had to wipe everything off my computer and restart because of an error code. Previously, I had Windows installed on my SSD, but now after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShaswatSharma, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Disk Management - SSD Does not Exist

I recently had to wipe everything off my computer and restart because of an error code. Previously, I had Windows installed on my SSD, but now after having restarted my computer with nothing on it, I cannot find my SSD. The C: drive is for some reason my HDD, I know that because my hard drive is 1 TB and my SSD is 256 GB. I want to have Windows and some other programs on my SSD also after I find it. Thanks for the help! Disk Management - SSD Does not Exist 3a6a8926-9ef8-42d6-aa9c-c056d2aa76f9?upload=true.png

:)

ShaswatSharma, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

SSD not being shown in disk management

Hello,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify the cause of the issue:

• Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port?
    • Have you checked if the SSD is visible in Device Manager? Follow these steps to verify if it is visible in Device Manager:
      • Right-click on Start and click-on Device Manager.
      • Click-on the Disk drive and check if it is there.
      • If it is visible, try to check if you can update its driver.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk Management - SSD Does not Exist :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Disk Management - SSD Does not Exist

SSD not being shown in disk management

Western Digital got back to me and this solved my problem:

Thank you for your continued response.

Please perform the steps mentioned below to run Diskpart. Please note that following steps will erase all the data on the SSD including partitions and boot sector.

1. Open Command Prompt, Click on Start - Run - Type cmd and hit Enter.

2. Type diskpart, and then press ENTER to open the diskpart tool.

3. Type list disk, and then press ENTER. A list of available hard disks is displayed.

4. Type sel disk #number, and then press ENTER. Number is the number of the hard disk that you want to clean. The hard disk is now selected.

5. Type det disk, and then press ENTER. A list of partitions on the hard disk is displayed. Use this information to verify that the correct disk is selected.

6. Make sure that the disk does not contain required data, type clean all, and then press ENTER to clean the disk. All the partitions and all the data on the disk is permanently removed.

7. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close

FLY LIK A MUG, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Disk Management - SSD Does not Exist

1. Disk Management - SSD Does not Exist - Similar Threads - Disk Management SSD

2. Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified: I can't initialize my disk because it supposedly does not exist. I've tried everything to initialize the disk like, restarting my PC, uninstalling and re-installing, and checking the cable* connection, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me in how to fix this?...
  3. Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified: I can't initialize my disk because it supposedly does not exist. I've tried everything to initialize the disk like, restarting my PC, uninstalling and re-installing, and checking the cable* connection, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me in how to fix this?...
  4. Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD: I have installed a new SSD. On my bios setting it show a new SATA drive, but disk management does not show any of unallocated disk so that I was enable to initialise it. What can I do? Please help me....
  6. Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD: I have installed a new SSD. On my bios setting it show a new SATA drive, but disk management does not show any of unallocated disk so that I was enable to initialise it. What can I do? Please help me....
  7. Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Disk Management sees a disk that doesn't exist, any fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Management sees a disk that doesn't exist, any fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Silopante [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqot3i/disk_management_sees_a_disk_that_doesnt_exist_any/
  9. Disk Management for External SSD drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management for External SSD drive: I bought a Samsung 500 GB SSD T5 and I'd like to use it without the Samsung app, just as an external drive. Disk management shows it as a 42 MB partition. I'd like to delete this partition and reclaim the rest of my 500 GBs but nothing I do will allow this. Is this an...
  10. ssd file missing in disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ssd file missing in disk management: I have loaded a Samsung 1000GB pcie ssd in the x4 pcie slot on my dell xps 8910. the disk shows up in my BIOS, but I cannot see any sign of it in my windows 10 os. It does not show up in disk management screens and trying to load the Samsung driver says that the disk in...