Windows 10: Disk management with small windows ssd drive and large hdd

Discus and support Disk management with small windows ssd drive and large hdd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi community, I recently reinstalled Windows on my 23Gb SSD. I want to use the 500gb Hdd for everything else. However, some files and programs have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VictorNB, Nov 26, 2018.

1. VictorNB Win User

Disk management with small windows ssd drive and large hdd

Hi community,

I recently reinstalled Windows on my 23Gb SSD. I want to use the 500gb Hdd for everything else.

However, some files and programs have to be on that small 23Gb SSD (e.g. Office) and I am running out of storage after only the first day of my new Windows.

How can I manage my disks better so I do not add any new files to that drive (e.g. temporary files)?

I attached 2 screenshots of my current disk situation.

I appreciate any help!!

Disk management  with small windows ssd drive and large hdd 11403dc3-9274-40fb-8dc0-3f82b0b91902?upload=true.jpg

Disk management  with small windows ssd drive and large hdd f67e2710-b8c1-4f85-9326-ae6a839210e4?upload=true.jpg

:)

VictorNB, Nov 26, 2018

2. Confused about hard drives: HDD and SSD

So, if I want at least a 500 GB drive, an SSD would be either not available at any price or prohibitively expensive--at least for now. It struck me that while numerous computers were boasting large HDDs, the few offering SSDs were shockingly small. I appreciate
    understanding why.

Thanks.

Grandpa Jim, Nov 26, 2018
  3. How to move pagefile to another disk? (Windows keeps using C: disk instead of another)

I would assume it is dual drive. small SSD C:\ 30GB and large HDD D:\ ??GB

How about a snap shot of computer management>>disk management

seahawks65, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Disk management with small windows ssd drive and large hdd

HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi!

I recently bought Lenovo Z50 which came with a regular HDD. I had a spare SSD drive from an older laptop so I cloned the OS that came with Z50 to it and then did a clean install with installation media. Everything went well and the system is running very
    smoothly on the SSD.

The problem is that I can't get the regular HDD that came with new laptop running if I boot from the SSD. Regular HDD is in a HDD caddy that I used to replace my DVD-drive. HDD in the caddy shows up in device management as an other device, not as a hard
    drive and it's not showing up in the disk management. Is there a way to clean this drive without OS? Would it help? I have everything backed up on an external hard drive so it's okay if I lose the data. That's what I want actually.

If I boot from the regular HDD in the caddy the original OS starts up just fine and even the SSD shows up in the disk management. If I swap the SSD to the caddy and put the HDD inside the laptop I can boot from the HDD but not from the SSD...

What should I do to get the OS running on the 128 MB SSD so that i could use the regular 1 TB HDD also to store everything i need?

AapoOinonen, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Disk management with small windows ssd drive and large hdd

1. Disk management with small windows ssd drive and large hdd - Similar Threads - Disk management small

2. Migrating Windows from small SSD to large SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating Windows from small SSD to large SSD: Hi all,I need to replace my current C drive SSD too small with a larger SSD. Windows updates are resource pigs and I'm almost out of space. I've read several articles and it seems it either takes two or three simple steps using the free Macrium Clone function or the Windows...
  3. Managing SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Managing SSD and HDD: Hello so I'm new to the SSD world but more so even new to having multiple drives as I usually have everything in just the 1 hdd. Only want the OS and chrome on the SSD since chrome won't let you choose. So how do I go about having my desktop, programs, images, files and...
  4. Like to install small SSD alongside large SATA 3.5" Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Like to install small SSD alongside large SATA 3.5" Hard Disk: Okay - bit of a 'noob' question here, hope folks can help. My desktop machine (5 y.o.) is getting an upgrade. I would like to follow the suggestions that have been made of fitting a SSD for boot, Win 10 and program installation and using my large 5TB 3.5-inch hard disk...
  5. How to use new PC with a small SSD and a large HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to use new PC with a small SSD and a large HDD: My new Windows 10 v. Home 1909 desktop has a 128 GB SSD (C drive) and a 1TB internal HDD (D drive). If I understand correctly the OS pc boots in the SSD and all current Programs and Programs (x86) files are in the C drive. The C drive is already more than half full and I have...
  6. Small SSD (C:) and large HDD (D:)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Small SSD (C:) and large HDD (D:): I just got a new PC with the following setup: Drive C: is a 128 GB SSD and Drive D: is a 2 TB HDD. Even though I have not installed any programs (like MS Office Pro), C: only has 61.7 FB free of 117 GB. I'm totally scared of what will happen if I start installing...
  7. Cloning a large capacity hard disk to a small SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning a large capacity hard disk to a small SSD: Hi looking for some advice, I have a laptop and the HD is painfully slow so I have decided to swap the hard drive for an SSD. Now the existing hard drive is a 1TB drive but for what I need the laptop for I have opted for a much smaller SSD drive (I have plenty of Network...
  8. Disk Management for External SSD drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management for External SSD drive: I bought a Samsung 500 GB SSD T5 and I'd like to use it without the Samsung app, just as an external drive. Disk management shows it as a 42 MB partition. I'd like to delete this partition and reclaim the rest of my 500 GBs but nothing I do will allow this. Is this an...
  9. How do i Migrate windows partition from large HDD to SMALL SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do i Migrate windows partition from large HDD to SMALL SSD?: I have just got a 120gb SSD and i put it in my laptop along with my 1tb SSHD and my 32gb Mssd. now i would like to have this as my final output 120gb SSD holding ONLY windows files/installation and possible some small apps (bootable) and my large 1TB for everything...
  10. Small SSD for large SSD for win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Small SSD for large SSD for win10: So im selling one of my smaller ssd's 240GB and picking up a 1TB. Which drive would be better to install windows on? Not worried about drive speeds or anything like that. ive been told to keep it on a smaller SSD over a larger 1TB ssd. 82033