Windows 10: Disk Management won't save appearance settings

Discus and support Disk Management won't save appearance settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use this pretty often, and was try to set view options in columns on top. But after closing and reopening everything brings back to stock view. Who... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pasadena076, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Disk Management won't save appearance settings

I use this pretty often, and was try to set view options in columns on top. But after closing and reopening everything brings back to stock view. Who also has this issue?

submitted by /u/pasadena076
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pasadena076, Feb 14, 2023

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk Management won't save appearance settings :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Feb 14, 2023
  3. Thecount Win User
    New SSD installed Disk Management won’t show “Initialise Disk”

hi thanks for that suggestion. Just done that. what do you think?
    Disk Management won't save appearance settings 381965d1672087587t-new-ssd-installed-disk-management-won-t-show-initialise-disk-capture4.jpg

Thecount, Feb 14, 2023
  4. Disk Management won't save appearance settings

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, Feb 14, 2023
Thema:

Disk Management won't save appearance settings

1. Disk Management won't save appearance settings - Similar Threads - Disk Management won't

2. "Local Disk :P" appeared on it's own in This PC, but not in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Local Disk :P" appeared on it's own in This PC, but not in Disk Management: Hello, I searched everywhere for a solution but I can't find one, so here's what happened During an installation of a game, I ran out of memory on my hard drive, which is showing up as "Local Disk C:" and I have no other Local Disks. So I deleted some files I didn't need to...
  3. "Local Disk :P" appeared on it's own in This PC, but not in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Local Disk :P" appeared on it's own in This PC, but not in Disk Management: Hello, I searched everywhere for a solution but I can't find one, so here's what happened During an installation of a game, I ran out of memory on my hard drive, which is showing up as "Local Disk C:" and I have no other Local Disks. So I deleted some files I didn't need to...
  4. "Local Disk :P" appeared on it's own in This PC, but not in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External HDD appears in device manager but not disk manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD appears in device manager but not disk manager: I was transferring data to my external HDD when the transfer dropped to 0b/s and refused to pause and cancel, eventually resulting in the window becoming unresponsive. I ended up plugging out the HDD at that point as I couldn't get it to eject. Subsequently the HDD was no...
  6. Mic settings won't save

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic settings won't save: My microphone is too loud. I've got a headset and I play video games where I need to use my mic. The problem is, it's always so loud. I've tried Settings > Sound > Input > Device Properties > Additional Device Properties. Then I changed it to 60% instead of 100%. It worked...
  7. Time settings won't save.

Time settings won't save.: I noticed that my time didn't change when daylight savings time occurred, so I went to settings to fix the issue, but when I went to go change it the settings wouldn't save. Every time I hit the sync button, or left and came back, it would turn back off. Eventually, I got fed...
  8. Appearance setting won't save on starndard account.

Appearance setting won't save on starndard account.: Hello, i enter admin password and set appearance settings, yet they won't save. Appearance setting are still on and when i go back there i see checkboxes checked. Wtf ? This is freshly installed windows. Service themes is running. Thanks for help. EDIT: i think i found...
  9. Many disk with no media appear in my disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Many disk with no media appear in my disk management and diskpart: Hi, After installing a new copy of windows 10 in my PC, and after checking disk management then diskpart command I found that there is many disks appear saying removable no media as per the screenshot below. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Why these disks appear, and what it's used...
  10. Settings won't save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings won't save: My pc settings won't save for example it ask me everytime i open opera whether i want to make it my default browser, I tick off option to connect to one of my wi-fis but it won't go through i have to tick it off every time i check wi-fis list, I even deleted it from my...