Windows 10: Disk Manager is all messed up - My Fault

Discus and support Disk Manager is all messed up - My Fault in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having some repetitive problems setting up an SSD, &lt;br&gt;<br> I have a desktop computer with Win 10 Build 19041.572. It houses 4 hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jazzzbo, Oct 20, 2020.

1. jazzzbo Win User

Disk Manager is all messed up - My Fault

I've been having some repetitive problems setting up an SSD, &lt;br&gt;<br>
    I have a desktop computer with Win 10 Build 19041.572. It houses 4 hard Drives including an SSD.&lt;br&gt;<br>
    Previously, Disk 0, the SSD was my main drive. It ran Office, and not much else. &lt;br&gt;<br>
    Disk 1 had a second, bootable Win 10 partition which I abandoned once the SSD was installed. There's a third disk with a bootable Win 7 partition. (I have no reason to keep this). I used EasyBSD and could easily start up an any of the three.&lt;br&gt;<br>
    What happened: One day, the SSD wouldn't boot. I tried everything to get it going and was successful a couple of times - but it kept happening. So I formatted it and tried to install a new system. What a disaster! After days of reading and trying several options, I gave up and used several cloning app to try to copy the system from Disk 1. Macrium eventually let me do it, but didn't create an EFI partition. After messing around with the PowerShell, I built one and got the SSD to work.&lt;br&gt;<br>
    &lt;br&gt;<br>
    So now here's what I have when I start Disk Manager;&lt;br&gt;<br>
    &lt;br&gt;<br>
    &lt;br&gt;<br>
    &lt;br&gt;<br>
    I hate that it appears to be so screwed up but don't want to mess it up further. Should I care?&lt;br&gt;Any recommendations would be gratefully appreciated

:)

jazzzbo, Oct 20, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk Manager is all messed up - My Fault :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Disk Manager is all messed up - My Fault

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Disk Manager is all messed up - My Fault

1. Disk Manager is all messed up - My Fault - Similar Threads - Disk Manager messed

2. One drive messed up ALL of my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive messed up ALL of my files: I was uploading ONE word doc to one drive and thought nothing of it. Later I come back to my computer and my ENTIRE computers files were uploaded without my permission or settings. Is there a comprehensive dashboard that I can tune what files go to one drive instead of just...
  3. Disks are messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disks are messed up: There is this computer, more specifically a Life Digital Zed PC running Windows 10 Home, with 4 GB RAM, Intel® Celeron N3350, Intel HD 500 GPU, and more specs, and there's a drive problem. As you know, all important system files are always in Drive C:/, whereas Drive D:/ and...
  4. One drive messed up all my libraries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One drive messed up all my libraries: Onedrive somehow messed up all my documents, photos and all other photos when I turned on sync. Any fix? submitted by /u/orangelord234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5s7bz/one_drive_messed_up_all_my_libraries/
  5. Help, my time and date is all messed up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, my time and date is all messed up.: [ATTACH] I started my PC today, and I am greeted to this. This is also happening if I open the file explorer and the date modified is like this as well. https://preview.redd.it/rv2jjn701ch41.png?width=110&format=png&auto=webp&s=1152b5ab9f7ab5e83c458cb9ab8eaf1f384116b5...
  6. Icon grid all messed up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon grid all messed up?: After changing the font text size on my parents computer, it was too big and so I changed it back, but it seems that after I did that, this started happening. The grid all messed up. The highlight is very wide. It doesn't let me move any icons other than those positions and...
  7. My sound is messed up all distorted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My sound is messed up all distorted: I have a hp pavilion elite m9405f pc running windows 1p after an update the sound satrted being wierd crackling and distortions i figure the soundbwould be fixed by now i checked the my dual boot of the original vista os and the sounds fine fix this problem please....
  8. Drivers and Windows are all messed up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Drivers and Windows are all messed up: Hi ! Yesterday i decided to clean my PC from the inside and after i was done and booted my PC up, everything seemed fine except my keyboard and mouse didn't work on the login screen anymore, They however worked in bios menu (( well keyboard did )) and well i did system...
  9. icon display all messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    icon display all messed up: hi... i have like ten thousand icons in folders i have saved all of a sudden when i open a folder the icon sizes are all different... large is medium and medium is medium and small and the sizes and the spacing are all mixed together and every time i scroll the screen...
  10. Time zone is all messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    Time zone is all messed up: I am located in Europe and all I know is that during the Win10 install it does not have the option to select a Time zone. The default time zone is Pacific Time which is -9 hours behind my time zone. So for example, when installing Win10 locally here on a Friday February...