Windows 10: Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.

Discus and support Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi TenForums: I wiped a backup drive with Wipe Drive software. I connected my "working drive" to the system with the clean drive connected also. Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by w10enthusiastic, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.

Hi TenForums: I wiped a backup drive with Wipe Drive software. I connected my "working drive" to the system with the clean drive connected also. Disk Manager showed the wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data. Do you have any comments? My Windows 10 Version: 21H1 Build: 19043.1110 Experience Pack: 120.2212.3530.0

:)

w10enthusiastic, Jul 24, 2021

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data. partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jul 24, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 24, 2021
  4. Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.

Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.

1. Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data. - Similar Threads - Disk Manager shows

2. cleaning a partition not a disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cleaning a partition not a disk: I do not want to clean all the disk cause it is divided into 3 partitions and I need to use the first partition only for windows and keep the data on the other two partitions, so what should I do?...
  3. Not Showing the option to wipe my drives clean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Showing the option to wipe my drives clean: I am not getting the option to wipe my drives clean when I try to reset my laptop.... I have tried to reinstall my laptop a few times, but all the files are there with a warning like symbol on the local disks, and the disk partitions are also there after reinstalling windows....
  4. Not Showing the option to wipe my drives clean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Showing the option to wipe my drives clean: I am not getting the option to wipe my drives clean when I try to reset my laptop.... I have tried to reinstall my laptop a few times, but all the files are there with a warning like symbol on the local disks, and the disk partitions are also there after reinstalling windows....
  5. Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management: In the screenshot below, you can see the highlighted partition on Disk 0 is not showing as a healthy recovery partition and is not shown listed above. This is a cloned Windows 10 installation taken from Disk 1 now labeled storage.However, in diskpart, disk 0, partition 4 of...
  6. Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management: In the screenshot below, you can see the highlighted partition on Disk 0 is not showing as a healthy recovery partition and is not shown listed above. This is a cloned Windows 10 installation taken from Disk 1 now labeled storage.However, in diskpart, disk 0, partition 4 of...
  7. Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.: Hi TenForums: I wiped a backup drive with Wipe Drive software. I connected my "working drive" to the system with the clean drive connected also. Disk Manager showed the wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data. Do you have any comments? My Windows 10 Version: 21H1...
  9. Disk partition not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk partition not showing up in disk management: I installed a windows 10 update yesterday and now I have lost my D and E drive and all of the data that was on there. When I go into disk management the only drive that shows up is the C drive and 3 others that are called disk 0 partition 1, 4 and 5. When I go into file...
  10. Perform a clean install on a disk that has a data partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Perform a clean install on a disk that has a data partition?: I've been considering shrinking my one disk (disk 0) to create another volume, a data partition, but I'm still not clear what happens in the event that I want to refresh, reset or clean install Windows 10 in the future. Would the data partition remain or, as I thought I read,...