Windows 10: Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?

Discus and support Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Situation: Windows 10 1803 computer. OS drive is fine. Have two other very large disks ("3" and "4"), mirrored from within Windows. "4" has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pfurrie[H], Jan 24, 2019.

1. Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?

Situation:

Windows 10 1803 computer. OS drive is fine. Have two other very large disks ("3" and "4"), mirrored from within Windows. "4" has problem, taking it offline and losing its data (now shows up as "Missing").

Currently we're able to read data from disk #3. Disk Management shows the two disks from the original mirror, both with failed redundancy:

Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume? 71dbd6a7-b010-422d-ae77-55512b52d4f2?upload=true.png

If I right-click on either of them, several options are presented...

"Break Mirrored Volume..." is greyed out, so can't do that.

"Remove Mirror..." is available.

"Reactivate Volume" is available.

Since only disk 3 actually has data on it, we want to preserve it. However, there is too much data for us to backup reasonably; whatever solution we try must not destroy that information.

If we selected "Remove Mirror..." we get this dialogue box:

Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume? 16225440-a2d7-49af-add2-80a3cfbe300f?upload=true.png

In our opinion, the text in the dialogue box is not clear. If we run the "Remove Mirror," which drive do we select in order to retain our data? Is the selected drive the one which has its data gone (removed, deleted, toast), OR is that the drive which has its mirrored data removed (which would be the other drive?

Or... maybe we select "Reactivate Volume"? Does that reactivate the mirrored volume or the specific disk which is selected when reactivation is selected? (as in drive "3" or "Missing"). How do we know which drive's data is considered the "good" data, which will be mirrored to the other drive? Would be bad to have the non-data from the "Missing" drive to be copied over the real data on drive "3."

Have done a bunch of searching, but haven't found adequate answers.

:)

pfurrie[H], Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?

1. Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume? - Similar Threads - Disk mirror failed

2. screen mirroring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen mirroring: how can i mirror my laptop screen over my smart tv wireless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-mirroring/6a0a2e3b-2b81-4efe-8b43-b540d2213d14
  3. screen mirroring

screen mirroring: Having trouble steaming my laptop screen onto my TV (via ROKU plugged into TV with HDMI). Very hit and miss - much more miss than hit. Even abysmal when laptop 6" from ROKU....
  4. Formatting a mirrored 6TB disk not possible?

Formatting a mirrored 6TB disk not possible?: HI, I need to format two 6TB hdd as mirrored disks. These disks are not used as OS, just for data. The disk manager goves me an error message: "The action is not possible for the object". I can only format it as simple disk or as minimized disk. I am using several mirrored...
  5. mirror account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mirror account: Dear Sir/Madam, having suspect of hacked computer, being very slow, I was wondering if someone can use my account without my permission or knowledge? I have found installed Teamviewer app in PC., Found it is for sharing files. I am not IT, just thinking in a bit sci-fi...
  6. Windows10 Disk Mirroring Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 Disk Mirroring Issue: Dear Team Greetings from Hilton Luxor environment!!! Can you please help me for the below error message as I am trying to configure Windows10 PC to a mirror disk. The selected GPT formatted disk contains a partition which is not of type PARTITION_BASIC_DATA_GUID and is...
  7. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive: I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the...
  8. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive: I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the...
  9. Screen Mirroring

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Mirroring: Can Window 10 on a laptop running movies, etc. screen mirror with a Samsung Smart TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-mirroring/d3b58bbe-c253-4e15-8900-f3bf38e08cbe
  10. Screen Mirroring

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Mirroring: Can Window 10 on a laptop running movies, etc. screen mirror with a Samsung Smart TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/screen-mirroring/d3b58bbe-c253-4e15-8900-f3bf38e08cbe

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reactivate volume failed redundancy