Windows 10: disk not initialized

Discus and support disk not initialized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi my name is Pablo I try to initialized my ssd but everything is gray out the initialized disk is gray out and the new simple volume is gray out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PabloA Banegas Oliva, Dec 31, 2018.

1. disk not initialized

hi my name is Pablo I try to initialized my ssd but everything is gray out

the initialized disk is gray out

and the new simple volume is gray out to

I don't know what to do need help please

:)

PabloA Banegas Oliva, Dec 31, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue disk not initialized :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Dec 31, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

disk not initialized

disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

disk not initialized

1. disk not initialized - Similar Threads - disk initialized

2. The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...: Hi thereI am in a dilemma, that I hope someone can help me understand and solve.I normally make Windows Image Backups of my diverse notebooks and sometimes for some reason like one of those notebooks being dead or merely wanting to access the data on one of those HDDs on...
  3. The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...: Hi thereI am in a dilemma, that I hope someone can help me understand and solve.I normally make Windows Image Backups of my diverse notebooks and sometimes for some reason like one of those notebooks being dead or merely wanting to access the data on one of those HDDs on...
  4. Using Windows 7 how to fix CRC Data when I cannot initialize the disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Windows 7 how to fix CRC Data when I cannot initialize the disk?: I received a brand new disk drive. I cannot initialize it because it produces a CRC data error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-windows-7-how-to-fix-crc-data-when-i-cannot/3c7039bd-f89d-4cc0-8ca0-0f3f43ed6ab0
  5. Using Windows 7 how to fix CRC Data when I cannot initialize the disk?

Using Windows 7 how to fix CRC Data when I cannot initialize the disk?: I received a brand new disk drive. I cannot initialize it because it produces a CRC data error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-windows-7-how-to-fix-crc-data-when-i-cannot/3c7039bd-f89d-4cc0-8ca0-0f3f43ed6ab0
  6. External HDD showed up in Disk Management as {Not initiated} but is shown correctly in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD showed up in Disk Management as {Not initiated} but is shown correctly in...: Hi all,I'm using a Western Digital MyBook External HDD 2 x 1 TB HDD. It is showing up as {Not initiated} in Disk Management and Windows prompt me to initialise the disks before using. As I have important data on the disk, I did not take the option. I notice that when I moused...
  7. External HDD showed up in Disk Management as {Not initiated} but is shown correctly in...

External HDD showed up in Disk Management as {Not initiated} but is shown correctly in...: Hi all,I'm using a Western Digital MyBook External HDD 2 x 1 TB HDD. It is showing up as {Not initiated} in Disk Management and Windows prompt me to initialise the disks before using. As I have important data on the disk, I did not take the option. I notice that when I moused...
  8. my hard disk is uninitialized and whenever i try to initialize it, popup shows up "the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hard disk is uninitialized and whenever i try to initialize it, popup shows up "the...: my hard disk is uninitialized and whenever i try to initialize it, popup shows up "the request could not be done because an i/o device error occured"Please Tell Me What Is Happened And What Can I Do?...
  9. my hard disk is uninitialized and whenever i try to initialize it, popup shows up "the...

my hard disk is uninitialized and whenever i try to initialize it, popup shows up "the...: my hard disk is uninitialized and whenever i try to initialize it, popup shows up "the request could not be done because an i/o device error occured"Please Tell Me What Is Happened And What Can I Do?...
  10. my hard disk is uninitialized and whenever i try to initialize it, popup shows up "the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd not initialized 0gb

2. hardware not initialized