Windows 10: Disk Optimization Turns Off...

Discus and support Disk Optimization Turns Off... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I usually have Disk Optimization (Defrag) set to run automatically on a daily basis as I have a couple of data backup drives that are getting rather... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jamis, Sep 24, 2019.

1. jamis Win User

Disk Optimization Turns Off...

I usually have Disk Optimization (Defrag) set to run automatically on a daily basis as I have a couple of data backup drives that are getting rather full (around 60%). It appears that after every Auto Updated CU, the auto setting gets turned off and I have to go through setting it back up. Any ideas?

:)

jamis, Sep 24, 2019

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Sep 24, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    disk optimizing

Hi fussy063, the System Reserved Partition does not need to be optimized, it is managed and maintained by Windows.

If you are using Norton's to optimize your disk(s), remove that partition from the list of partitions to be optimized and everything will be Okay.

DaveM121, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Disk Optimization Turns Off...

Disk optimization on an SSD

Hi Ellaryk,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Based on your information, yes Windows 10 does disk optimization. Let’s try the defragmenting the disk and check if this helps.

• Open files explorer, right click on the disk and select Properties from the drop down. (Perform a disk clean up).

• Click on Tool and click on Optimize button.
    • Select the disk, click on Analyze and click on Optimize button.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Disk Optimization Turns Off...

1. Disk Optimization Turns Off... - Similar Threads - Disk Optimization Turns

2. Delivery Optimization will not turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delivery Optimization will not turn off: Hi, I've disabled Delivery Optimization from the settings but it wont turn off, the service is still taking up all of my internet 10mbps worth and making it unusable.Please help !...
  3. Delivery Optimization will not turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery Optimization will not turn off: Hi, I've disabled Delivery Optimization from the settings but it wont turn off, the service is still taking up all of my internet 10mbps worth and making it unusable.Please help !...
  4. Disk optimization setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk optimization setting: How to reset my Disk optimization setting to default.. My laptop working to slow and told me that's a way to make it works more faster. submitted by /u/alimuftah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfmhbk/disk_optimization_setting/
  5. optimize disk error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    optimize disk error: [ATTACH] plz help i tried this sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth but still have this problem any fix ? note: i disabled this [ATTACH]...
  6. I CAN'T TURN OFF DEFRAGMENTATION/OPTIMIZATION

in Windows 10 Customization
    I CAN'T TURN OFF DEFRAGMENTATION/OPTIMIZATION: I've asked more than once. So far, I've made a registry change that was supposed to turn off Automatic Maintenance. Actually first, I turned off automatic optimization in Optimize Drives it remains off. Even so, the C drive was defragmented twice, automatically. I asked...
  7. Turn Off Drive Optimization/Defragmentation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Off Drive Optimization/Defragmentation: I need to turn completely turn off drive optimization. In "Optimize Drive" I did turn off scheduled optimization. Even so, optimization/defragmentation WAS performed, anyway. I have assumed this is due to "Automatic Maintenance", and a search showed me how to make a...
  8. Impossible to turn off Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Impossible to turn off Delivery optimization: Like the title says. This incredibly annoying service is CONSTANTLY downloading something to my PC. I can kill it in task manager only for maybe half a minute, then it comes back destroying my internet bandwith because it is using maximum downlad speed it can. I turned it off...
  9. Turning Off Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning Off Hard Disk: If I set my power options to: Turn off Hard Disk (after x amount of minutes) Turn off Moniter (also after so many minutes) What is the difference between that and setting the pc to sleep mode? I ask because a number of times, coming out of sleep ... it doesn't! The HD...
  10. Delivery Optimization won't turn off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delivery Optimization won't turn off: Hey, When I open my task manager, I see "Delivery Optimization" at the top of the list of the programs using the most bandwith, and it is really annoying. I have tried turning it off through settings (there are instructions on how to do this on the website), but it won't go...