Windows 10: Disk or memory space

Discus and support Disk or memory space in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the past months, my laptop has had trouble with the disk and/or the memory space being at 100%. It slows down my computer to where nothing opens,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shawnchamberlain, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Disk or memory space

Over the past months, my laptop has had trouble with the disk and/or the memory space being at 100%. It slows down my computer to where nothing opens, even task manager and if it does the program sticks.

:)

shawnchamberlain, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Feb 17, 2019
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Disk or memory space

hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Disk or memory space

1. Disk or memory space - Similar Threads - Disk memory space

2. High CPU DIsk space memory issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU DIsk space memory issue.: HI All,Could you please help me here. I am facing issues with Memory, CPU, Disk. every time my disk is going to 100%.I am not using chrome, Skype and stopped all super services.I have 384GB free space in C: Drive.Please suggest me here.Thanks,Siva...
  3. High CPU DIsk space memory issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU DIsk space memory issue.: HI All,Could you please help me here. I am facing issues with Memory, CPU, Disk. every time my disk is going to 100%.I am not using chrome, Skype and stopped all super services.I have 384GB free space in C: Drive.Please suggest me here.Thanks,Siva...
  4. High CPU DIsk space memory issue.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Extend OS Disk Memory with Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend OS Disk Memory with Unallocated Space: Hello Microsoft Team, I recently nuked my Image partition in my SSD which freed up 12GB of Space. The total space of SSD is 256GB. My current OS volume only shows 222 GB as total available OS memory. [ATTACH] Now I would like to add the unallocated space to the OS volume...
  6. Persistent Disk Space and Memory Issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent Disk Space and Memory Issues.: I have an HP Omen gaming laptop. Before I get into the issue I've been facing, I'm going to list some information about my device below just in case it could be of use: System Model: OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx System Type: x64-based PC Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H...
  7. COM Surrogate consumes a lot of CPU, Memory and Disk Space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COM Surrogate consumes a lot of CPU, Memory and Disk Space: Hello, Whenever I turned on my laptop COM Surrogate start to consume huge number of RAM, Memory and Disk Space - [ATTACH] Then If I click on the COM Surrogate and then click End Task then it behaves normally. [ATTACH] And after some time 3-5 min of ending this task...
  8. Memory space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory space: Hello everyone. I am using microsoft surface pro 6 128gb intel i5. I have a problem with storage of my laptop. 65gb is full by temporary files, only 24 gb is by sistem, I ran 'disk cleanup' and cleaned tempapry files by %temp% mettodes doen't helping at all. I have only one...
  9. Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Space: Today there was a new update that popped up on my computer for Windows 10. My computer (Surface Pro) said there wasn't enough disk space to install it and all of a sudden all my files compressed and a majority of thumbnails for images disappeared. So - first went to the "Disk...
  10. VMware memory & disk space

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware memory & disk space: Instead of dual booting, I am considering using VMware Player on Windows 10 in order to run Linux. I have not used VMware before and am looking for a little guidance from those who are already experienced with it. I may allocate, say, 4 GB of memory and 30 GB of disk space...