Windows 10: Disk partition issue after cloning

Discus and support Disk partition issue after cloning in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Here is my problem. I bought a larger SSD drive to upgrade my main storage on my laptop. I had a 120GB SSD and I went up to a 256GB SDD. On Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by p4trk, Dec 16, 2018.

1. p4trk Win User

Disk partition issue after cloning

Here is my problem. I bought a larger SSD drive to upgrade my main storage on my laptop. I had a 120GB SSD and I went up to a 256GB SDD. On Windows 10 64-bit, I used EaseUS software to clone the disks with the option sector by sector. Something weird has happened. The visual disk management tool shows an ****7b-634043b9bff3?upload=true" />

:)

p4trk, Dec 16, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Darkmind Win User
    partition cloning help!

Well I just bought a SATA seagate 320gb 7200.10 hard drive. I had to get a power adapter, but anyway. It's in as Drive F (did disk management). Now all I want to do is clone the partition from my old hard drive to my new hard drive. Copy windows and everything else over on my new hard drive, take out my old drive and then use the new drive as the primary C drive. I have norton ghost, and partition magic. I heard ghost is much better. Could someone tell me step by step how to accomplish this? I think I know how, but I do NOT wanna take any chances here..

Darkmind, Dec 16, 2018
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Disk/Partition Cloning Questions ?

Till now I was using Acronis True Image 8 that comes with Hirens boot disk. I was cloning installations from USB HDD. Now I want to clone image file that is on network computer. Above mentioned Acronis software can restore only local images not network ones. The machine that is holding img files is Ubuntu Linux and files are shared both on FTP and SAMBA. I tried Linux Ghost software that has option for both NTFS and RAW method of cloning and can store and pull img files from FTP server. The thing is that after cloning even though the first partition is Active/Primary the PC wont boot from it.
    So the long awaited question is *Big Grin Disk partition issue after cloning :D. Please recommend me software that can be booted from CD/DVD and can restore partition images from network location. -This is not even a qustion *Big Grin Disk partition issue after cloning :D.

Thema:

1. Disk partition issue after cloning - Similar Threads - Disk partition issue

2. Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd: I have cloned my Windows 10 from hhd drive to an ssd one and now I have two partitions:C: 446.11gb NTFS Healthy system, boot, page file, active, crsah dump, primary partitionNew Volume D: 1.02 GB NTFS Healty Primary partition.I don't know if it's good or not. Also I can't...
  3. Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd: I have cloned my Windows 10 from hhd drive to an ssd one and now I have two partitions:C: 446.11gb NTFS Healthy system, boot, page file, active, crsah dump, primary partitionNew Volume D: 1.02 GB NTFS Healty Primary partition.I don't know if it's good or not. Also I can't...
  4. Cloning windows partition with multiple disk partitions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloning windows partition with multiple disk partitions.: I want to migrate my windows to a new ssd and I have watched multiple videos and read blogs but there is not a single piece of information on how to do it for hdd with multiple drives, I am trying to use macrium reflect for the process so what I am trying to do is to not...
  5. Cloning windows partition with multiple disk partitions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning windows partition with multiple disk partitions.: I want to migrate my windows to a new ssd and I have watched multiple videos and read blogs but there is not a single piece of information on how to do it for hdd with multiple drives, I am trying to use macrium reflect for the process so what I am trying to do is to not...
  6. How do I verify recovery partitions after disk cloning?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I verify recovery partitions after disk cloning?: I have a new MSI Codex R desktop. It came with a 500 Gb SATA SSD as the only drive and Windows 10 was installed in the system partition. The drive had five partitions (one for the OS, one for data, one for windows recovery partition and one for a bios recovery partition at...
  7. Changing primary boot partition to a local disk after cloning.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing primary boot partition to a local disk after cloning.: Hi I have recently cloned a disk from a workstation onto a blank one for another, new workstation. The source disk is running Windows 10, and there is various software and applications that should be on the new disk along with the operating system. However, when I insert...
  8. Disk partition issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk partition issues: Dear All, Below you can see the disk manager imaging of my SSD's Disk 0 is my working drive Samsung 970 EVO 2TB including windows. Disk 1 is my weekly Clone Macrium Reflect of Disk 0 on a Samsung 860 PRO 2 TB Disk 2 is a weekly Image of Disk 0 on a Samsung 850 PRO 1TB...
  9. Unable to clone disk: disk contains mismatched GPT and MBR partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to clone disk: disk contains mismatched GPT and MBR partition: Windows 10 is installed on machine and I need to clone the entire disk with Clonezilla. However, it gives an error as This disk contains mismatched GPT and MBR partition. It also says that I have to destroy the GPT partition table to be able to continue. How can I make...
  10. Hidden partitions after cloning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hidden partitions after cloning: This is a computer I built several years ago (E6300). I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro. I have cloned the HDD to an SSD. (I eventually figured out how using Macrium Reflect. There was another D: partition for which I used Aomei Partition Assistant to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after cloning disk 0 partition 3 problem