Windows 10: Disk partition keep disappearing

Discus and support Disk partition keep disappearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sometimes, when I open my laptop, I don't see my D: drive. I restart the laptop and then it starts to show again. Sometimes I have to restart many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mujaddadi, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Mujaddadi Win User

Disk partition keep disappearing

Sometimes, when I open my laptop, I don't see my D: drive. I restart the laptop and then it starts to show again. Sometimes I have to restart many times to make it appear again. Recently It starts to disappear while I am using the laptop. So when I open the laptop, I see it and after sometimes it disappears from the partition's list. I scanned the drive for errors but it says "Your drive was successfully scanned. No errors were found"

I am thinking to remove all the partitions and then reinstall Windows. but It's my work laptop and I don't want to install all the software again. What do you guys thing causing this issues? I should also inform that I installed the Ubuntu in one partition but I have removed it already to test if it was causing the issue, which I doubt it was.

:)

Mujaddadi, Jan 22, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk partition keep disappearing :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Riel Alc Win User

How to disappear the Z partition in "This PC"

Hi Disal,

To delete the Z: drive partition, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R. Type diskmgmt.msc, then hit
      Enter.
    • Right-click on the partition, then select Delete Volume to delete a partition.

Note: This option deletes every single file on the partition, please be careful when using it.

We also suggest running Microsoft Safety Scanner to scan and protect your computer from any viruses.

Update us with the result.

Riel Alc, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Disk partition keep disappearing - Similar Threads - Disk partition keep

2. Disk partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partitions: My Dell laptop is showing me several 'Recovery' partitions in the Disk Management program. I am currently struggling with viruses on my laptop and I am wondering if malware is sitting in one of these partitions. They are listed as 'Recovery', but as you can see in the...
  3. Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Partition: Hello, I have a problem. I can't shrink my C drive at all. I have tried literally everything... I even reinstalled windows & resetted it. YES, I have tried the hibernation and security thing and i disabled them, I also restarted my laptop, and nothing works....
  4. Drive Letter for Partition Keeps Disappearing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Letter for Partition Keeps Disappearing on Windows 11: I have a new laptop with Windows 11pro installed no upgrade but clean installation. I have added a partition and assigned it the drive letter Z and name Doc. Sometimes after startup Doc will display but Z will be gone. I have to go into disk management and assign Z to Doc in...
  5. Drive Letter for Partition Keeps Disappearing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive Letter for Partition Keeps Disappearing on Windows 11: I have a new laptop with Windows 11 installed no upgrade but clean installation. I have added a partition and assigned it the drive letter Z. Sometimes after rebooting, sometimes after waking up from hibernation mode, sometimes even whilst in use, the drive letter simply...
  6. D disk disappeared, healthy partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D disk disappeared, healthy partition: Hello, for some reason today mi D disk simply disappeared (disk 0). As you can see in the screenshots I can't change the name, it's a healthy partition, and I also tried refreshing and everything, still nothing. It shows as a normal disk in "disk management" but not in "This...
  7. Disk partition disappeared after CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk partition disappeared after CHKDSK: I have 3 HDDs and have each formatted with 2 partitions: OS and data, 500 GB in each partition. I wanted to increase the size of the data partition by 300 GB for one of the HDDs something I have done before with no trouble. I decreased the size of the OS partition which as...
  8. Hard Disk Partitions suddenly disappeared

Hard Disk Partitions suddenly disappeared: I had 3 partitions on my Hard disk suddenly disappear, after checking in disk management, the space they occupied appear as free space any way to restore these partitions without reformatting them & what could have caused this[ATTACH]...
  9. partition D of my hard disk disappeared

partition D of my hard disk disappeared: and it become named partition E and some files of old partition E become inseted in it. OLd partition E become partition F. I downloaded lots of tv tuner software and programs from net to find correct tv tuner software. but there s now corruption and i dont know what to do...
  10. Disk Drive Keeps Disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Drive Keeps Disappearing: I'm not sure this is a windows problem, but maybe someone knows what's going on here. I have a Windows 10 PC running Blue Iris surveillance software. I have five 4TB WD Purple drives and one 2TB WD Purple that the cameras are being recorded to. The 2TB drive keeps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. suddenly disappear my prttion in the laptop