Windows 10: Disk Partition Not Created

Discus and support Disk Partition Not Created in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to create a new partition on the hard drive 1TB of HP 15-Da0032wm from the Disk Management settings but I do get an error message that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chukwuka_Eze, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Disk Partition Not Created

I tried to create a new partition on the hard drive 1TB of HP 15-Da0032wm from the Disk Management settings but I do get an error message that the partition cannot be created because there is not enough space even though I still have more than 700GB of free space.

:)

Chukwuka_Eze, Jun 14, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 14, 2020
  3. how to create partition in windows 10

hey,

To create a partition from unpartitioned space follow these steps:

• Right click This PC and select Manage
    • Open Disk Management
    • Select the disk from which you want to make a partition.
    • Right click the Un-partitioned space in the bottom pane and select new Simple volume.
    • Enter the size and click next and you are done.
    Hope this helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Disk Partition Not Created

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk Partition Not Created :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Disk Partition Not Created

1. Disk Partition Not Created - Similar Threads - Disk Partition Created

2. Creating Recovery Disk on a HDD partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Recovery Disk on a HDD partition: Hello,If I have a HDD and I create a small partition on it like 10GB partition and create a recovery disk on this partition. Will it format my entire hard disk or just the 10GB partition?...
  3. Creating Recovery Disk on a HDD partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating Recovery Disk on a HDD partition: Hello,If I have a HDD and I create a small partition on it like 10GB partition and create a recovery disk on this partition. Will it format my entire hard disk or just the 10GB partition?...
  4. Creating Recovery Disk on a HDD partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?: Hi i'm limon i need help, how to create recovery disk with efi partition?the reason i want this bc my computer is installed with non factory OS...
  6. How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?: Hi i'm limon i need help, how to create recovery disk with efi partition?the reason i want this bc my computer is installed with non factory OS...
  7. How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Create and format hard disk partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create and format hard disk partitions: I am attempting to set up a new SSD and I cannot open the "create and format hard disk partitions" program. every time I try, the cursor changes to loading for a second then nothing happens....
  9. Creating Unallocated Space at End of Disk (Partitioning)

Creating Unallocated Space at End of Disk (Partitioning): Hi, I have a 250 GB SSD that I just installed Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.329 on. I'd like to create a new, 20 GB partition of unallocated space at the end of this drive. However, it appears that during installation, the Windows 10 setup created a 500 MB recovery...
  10. Unable to create Hard disk partition

Unable to create Hard disk partition: I brought new laptop from store, genuine windows 10 already installed. when I tried to create new partition in C Drive by shrinking volume, window appears says available volume for shrink is zero. Disk is of 2TB and only 5% is occupied. help me to fix this issue. how can I...