Windows 10: Disk partitioning, win10 installation

Discus and support Disk partitioning, win10 installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [img] Hello. Can somebody explain me what EFI System Partition is doing? Should i remove it? I've tryied already to install win10 from USB multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JURASJURAS, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Disk partitioning, win10 installation

Disk partitioning, win10 installation [​IMG]
    Hello. Can somebody explain me what EFI System Partition is doing? Should i remove it? I've tryied already to install win10 from USB multiple times. After installation, pc restarts and starts to display UNACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, or , if i insert USB again and click Search problems, it points to C:\Windows\System32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt . It appears that after installation it "loses" path to disk(which exist and isn't damaged). I can provide more info. Thx for help...

:)

JURASJURAS, Mar 17, 2017
  2. pogrodnik Win User

Updating Windows 10, after first reboot, I receive "Missing Operating System"

I had same issue with old Lenovo T410 and hybrid Seagate SSHD disk with several partitions.

To solve the problem I swapped SSHD disk with old 120GB "regular" disk (with one partition) and cloned Win7 partition into it.

On this "normal" disk installation was performed successfully.

After the instalation I swapped back SSHD disk and cloned Win10 partition to SSHD drive.

It looks that Win10 installer has some problems either with SSD or SSHD or multiple partitions on a disk drive.

pogrodnik, Mar 17, 2017
  3. luchiato Win User
    System reserved is created on non-system drive

Hi, I installed Win10 on my HDD (CDisk partitioning, win10 installation :) (that's Disk 0 in Disk Management) but the System Reserved partition is on my other Disk 1 (picture bellow). When I ran installation I selected this HDD as the one where Win10 should be installed but still SR is on the
    other disk.

How can I move System Reserved to Disk 0 and merge partitions in Disk 1? Also why did Win10 put System Reserved to a disk which is not bootable?

Disk partitioning, win10 installation [​IMG]

luchiato, Mar 17, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Disk partitioning, win10 installation

Welcome to the forum. The best option is to delete all the partitions don't create any then boot the install and let it create what it needs

Samuria, Mar 17, 2017
  5. Kyhi Win User
    EFI partition should be formatted Fat32
    It contains the BCD Boot Files used to boot The Windows OS

6. simrick Win User
    *Ditto*Ditto

simrick, Mar 17, 2017
  7. lx07 Win User
  8. Kyhi Win User

9. AddRAM Win User
    He has Fedora installed, you can tell by looking at his Gparted snip.

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disk partitioning, win10 installation - Similar Threads - Disk partitioning win10

2. Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Partition: Hello, I have a problem. I can't shrink my C drive at all. I have tried literally everything... I even reinstalled windows & resetted it. YES, I have tried the hibernation and security thing and i disabled them, I also restarted my laptop, and nothing works....
  3. Disk Partitions different in Win10 and Win8.1 ???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Partitions different in Win10 and Win8.1 ???: So here's the thing. I have an SSD which I have removed from one laptop (it's running Win8.1Pro) and connected it through a USB caddy to my other laptop (running Win10Pro 1909) so that I can move some data around. To do this I shrink the "C" partition on the SSD and create...
  4. Win10 default partitions..move C:\ to different disk?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 default partitions..move C:\ to different disk?: Nkt aure what I did wrong here. I had fully wiped my laptop to try out making a Win10 VM thru Linux, but it didnt work out. Reinstalled Windows now. I tried to manually partition, but soon found out the installer doesn't allow that. So I selected my NVMe drive for the...
  5. Partitioning disk space to install Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partitioning disk space to install Ubuntu: Hello, I am trying to partition disk space to install Ubuntu and I tried to use the disk management tool. However, it gives me the error message: "You cannot shrink a volume beyond the point where any unmovable files are located. See the “defrag” event in the Application...
  6. add recovery on hard disk partition win10-64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    add recovery on hard disk partition win10-64: how to add recovery on hard disk partition win10-64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-recovery-on-hard-disk-partition-win10-64/cef5b5b1-dc4f-4561-8470-c996a10bd87e
  7. By installing Win10 Access denied to a partition

in Windows 10 Support
    By installing Win10 Access denied to a partition: Hello, I'm usualy using Win7 installed on a SSD (win7) and and a HDD for data. I start installing Win 10 on a new SSD (disconnect SSD win7 and connect instead). Win10 installed and work like a charm except access through Win Explorer to G: partition of the HDD. I've access...
  8. Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition): I installed Win10 and Ubuntu on two M.2 socket SSDs respectively. I am able to access Win10 disk in Ubuntu; however, I cannot access Ubuntu disk in Win10. In "disk management", the Ubuntu disk is there, but upon right click only "Delete volume..." and "Help" are...
  9. Win10 install only partitioned unused disk.

Win10 install only partitioned unused disk.: I had an outdated Win7 license and installed a new licensed version of Win10. It looks like the install only partitioned the unused disk and kept the old Win7 copy. I wanted a clean full install (not a potential dual boot) How do I repartition the drive to use the entire...
  10. Lost Win10 in Multiboot disk partition Win7, Win10 and LM Rafaela

Lost Win10 in Multiboot disk partition Win7, Win10 and LM Rafaela: Hi, My disk contains 5 partitions: part1 = ntfs-win10 free upgrade of win home premium (primary) Part2 = ntfs-win7 home premium (primary) Part3 = ext3-Extended (logical) Part4 = ext3-LM rafaela (extended) Part5 = swap (extended) This setup worked good. Part2 win7...