Windows 10: Disk partitioning

Discus and support Disk partitioning in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I have a new made full system image with Macrium.1. Is it possible to use this image on another computer, with different partition sizes on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Motim, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Motim Win User

Disk partitioning

Hello,I have a new made full system image with Macrium.1. Is it possible to use this image on another computer, with different partition sizes on the hard disk.Disks are formated the same.2. Is it possible to resize an existing partition with system on it. System is windows 10 pro.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks.

:)

Motim, Jan 13, 2018

2. Hard disk partitioning

Post a screenshot of your Disk Management please. See instructions how to do that.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

GPT is recommended for drives larger than 2 TBs. You need to make sure you are formatting the right volume.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 13, 2018
  3. phil_745 Win User
    Hard disk partitioning

Thanks for responding. I deleted both partitions per your suggestion following step 3. Subsequent right click on unallocated section brings up only "new simple volume" choice. Right click on Disk 1 section brings up two choices: convert to Dynamic disk
    or convert to GPT disk. help?

phil_745, Jan 13, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Disk partitioning

Its possible but if you put it on a new system then you need to buy a new copy of windows

Samuria, Jan 13, 2018
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    That is not even nearly always true.

NavyLCDR, Jan 13, 2018
  6. CountMike New Member
    When you restore from MR's backup it will restore all partitions as they were on disk you made backup from. Total size of all partitions you made backup from must not exceed size on the disk you you restore to.
    Only problem could be that it actually may not boot on it because of difference in system HW and/or drivers. There's an utility in the MR Rescue disk/USB to help with BOOT problems but it's not omnipotent.
    AS licensing is concerned, there's "Activation assistant" in W10 that may help.

CountMike, Jan 14, 2018
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just to be clear, you CAN resize partitions when you restore them - make them either bigger or smaller.

NavyLCDR, Jan 14, 2018
  8. Disk partitioning

The drivers in the image will probably not be the needed drivers for the other system.

You will probably have problems activating the new image on a different computer.
    Unless you have a Retail Windows 10 moving Windows 10 to another computer is not a legal option without Microsoft's permission.
    If you have a Retail Windows 10 it can be moved to another computer but it can only legally be on one system at a time.

Jack

Layback Bear, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disk partitioning

1. Disk partitioning - Similar Threads - Disk partitioning

2. Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...: Hello,I am trying to backup my c:drive to my x:SeagateBackup drive but I am getting the following error message.My seagate drive is freshly formatted and has 7.3 tb of free space and my c:drive has 1 tb of free space, but the Windows Recovery Environment only has 45 mb of...
  3. Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...: Hello,I am trying to backup my c:drive to my x:SeagateBackup drive but I am getting the following error message.My seagate drive is freshly formatted and has 7.3 tb of free space and my c:drive has 1 tb of free space, but the Windows Recovery Environment only has 45 mb of...
  4. Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy. Suspect recovery partition size to be...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting: I have a problem regarding dual-boot installation of Ubuntu. I'm not very familiar on dual-booting but I follow several turtorial to do it. During installation of Ubuntu as dual-boot, I did not choose the option of manually partition, instead i choose the automatically...
  6. Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting

Ubuntu and several Windows partition is not detected in Windows Disk Management Dual Booting: I have a problem regarding dual-boot installation of Ubuntu. I'm not very familiar on dual-booting but I follow several turtorial to do it. During installation of Ubuntu as dual-boot, I did not choose the option of manually partition, instead i choose the automatically...
  7. The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...: Hi thereI am in a dilemma, that I hope someone can help me understand and solve.I normally make Windows Image Backups of my diverse notebooks and sometimes for some reason like one of those notebooks being dead or merely wanting to access the data on one of those HDDs on...
  8. The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...

The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...: Hi thereI am in a dilemma, that I hope someone can help me understand and solve.I normally make Windows Image Backups of my diverse notebooks and sometimes for some reason like one of those notebooks being dead or merely wanting to access the data on one of those HDDs on...
  9. Disk D: Partition Gone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk D: Partition Gone.: After our hardware maintenance, the Disk D: partition was gone. I tried rescanning from Disk Management and System restore but It wasn't able to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-d-partition-gone/2fb72bb6-e4ac-4374-826d-aa320a4850c4
  10. Disk D: Partition Gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk D: Partition Gone.: After our hardware maintenance, the Disk D: partition was gone. I tried rescanning from Disk Management and System restore but It wasn't able to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-d-partition-gone/2fb72bb6-e4ac-4374-826d-aa320a4850c4