Windows 10: Disk performance 100% and random spikes help please

Discus and support Disk performance 100% and random spikes help please in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have seen many different solutions to this problem of having your disk at 100%. If I stop super fetch it helps but I still have spikes that freeze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dreadgreaves, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Disk performance 100% and random spikes help please

I have seen many different solutions to this problem of having your disk at 100%. If I stop super fetch it helps but I still have spikes that freeze applications. I don't want to permanently stop super fetch if I don't have to as it sounds like a helpful application.

I have tried the following to fix the issue:

1. Stop superfetch through Command prompt- helps but still spikes

(description of superfetch sounds helpful)

2. Windows troubleshooting- troubleshoot fix updates

one solution came back and windows reintsalled drivers? reinstalled something.

3. Checked for issues with Webroot, my anti-virus program, such as malware etc. and nothing was found.

4. Restarted computer.--- this doesn't really help.

5. Updated drivers. Driver easy updated all of the drivers...they seemed mostly irrelevant.

Here is a list of drivers that were updated.

Intel(R) Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller

Intel(R) Serial IO GPIO Host Controller - INT3450

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

Intel(R) Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel(R) WDT)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

6. Checked battery for a high power plan. I am currently using the performance option.

7. I have 31.8GB available RAM. I don't see this as a problem.

8. Removed skype app - this program tends to run for many people so I got rid of it.

9. I ran a chkdsk in the command prompt which found 0 issues.

I'm unsure what to try.

:)

dreadgreaves, Jun 10, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 disk keeps spiking to 100%

Hi,

My disk keeps spiking to 100% since I upgraded to Windows 10. I upgraded in September and the problem started with little infrequent spikes where the disk would stay at 100% for a few seconds. However since September the problem has got progressively worse
    and now the disk usage frequently reaches 100% and it stays at 100% for about 5 minutes.

I've tried various solutions on the internet to 100% disk but none of them have worked.

RyanMounce, Jun 10, 2019
  4. 1Dez Win User

Disk performance 100% and random spikes help please

100% Disk usage spike on Windows 10

Recently I have experienced that when running most applications (especially gaming) my Laptop would have a disk usage spike to 99% or 100%. when I check the task manager there is no specific program using the disk, its just at 100% usually forcing me to
    do a hard restart. baring in mind that when I run the programs the usually run smoothly and very randomly the disk usage spikes. this has only been happening since downloading windows 10. I have read many threads and applied many fixes such as disabling SuperFetch,
    BIT service and windows update. I have also disable cloud based protection which seemed to work for some people but not for me, any other suggestions?

Thema:

Disk performance 100% and random spikes help please

1. Disk performance 100% and random spikes help please - Similar Threads - Disk performance 100%

2. Disk performance 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk performance 100%: Hi everyone. I have bought a new PC, and I have Windows 11 Pro. If it matters, I have M.2 Adata Swordfish 2 TB, 32 GB RAM and Intel i5-12600KF.Most of the below is probably unrelevant, but I'll leave it here just in case. My initial language was Ukrainian. When setting up...
  3. Disk usage randomly and periodically spikes to 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk usage randomly and periodically spikes to 100%: Brand new CPU, motherboard and RAM, fresh OS install, complete format I even cleaned my disks with console command during this window when installing Windows where you have to choose drive to install OS on. Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 - not overclocked,...
  4. Completely Random spikes of 100% disk usage

Completely Random spikes of 100% disk usage: I am having a lot of trouble due to 100% disk usage by 'system' and 'registry' processes even when it is idle. I have tried so many solutions from a lot of places but none worked for me like disabling prefetch, superfetch and search, stopping antivirus processes, my pc is...
  5. 100 disk usage spikes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100 disk usage spikes: So I've these problems with disk usage rising to 100% for 5-20 seconds every few minutes or so. Mind you this hard drive has run Windows 10 since February 2018 and I started having this problem in July 2019, so for almost two years Windows 10 has been smooth as butter. I can...
  6. Seemingly random 100% disk usage spikes

Seemingly random 100% disk usage spikes: I've noticed a problem recently with my disk usage ever since I installed Windows 10. At seemingly random intervals, whilst viewing task manager, I'll see my disk usage spike up to 100% without me doing anything, before it goes back down to normal levels. It seems to happen...
  7. Disk Usage Spikes to 100%

Disk Usage Spikes to 100%: Hi, I have an ASUS Laptop here with the following specs: Intel Optane 1TB HDD Intel Core i5 8300H at 2.7Ghz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 8GB RAM Windows 10 Home running Version 1909 OS Build 18363.592 I have reinstalled windows from a USB after backing up my files off the...
  8. Disk Usage randomly started spiking to 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Usage randomly started spiking to 100%: Hi guys! Really searching for a solution as I’ve tried a lot of things. I’ve had my gaming rig for years and never experienced any problems. This week however, the disk issue started. Every time I load up any game, my disk usage goes to 100% for approximately 30-45 seconds...
  9. Disk Spikes to 100%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Spikes to 100%: Hi! since not too long, it takes 5 minutes to my pc's disk to go back to low percents. It takes around 5 minutes when I start the PC to go back low and sometimes it spikes back up to 100%. The program i see the most going up is System and Compressed memory. I...
  10. Random spikes of 100% disk activity on system drive.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random spikes of 100% disk activity on system drive.: Hello, I am having issues with my system, or it might be my SSD, I am unsure hence here I am. Symptoms: The C:\ drive spikes to 100% activity but 0 avg respone, 0 read/write for 2-5 seconds (usually but it have taken over 40 seconds at a couple of occasions) followed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random hdd disk spikes windows 10

2. disk usage spikes to 100% when doing anything ssd 1909

3. windows 20 100% disk usage spikes

4. random 100 disk usage spikes,
  5. secondary hdd spikes to 100%,
  6. disk drive randomly spikes,
  7. disk spikes up to 100 randomly