Windows 10: Disk read error after dual booting Windows XP and Windows 10

Discus and support Disk read error after dual booting Windows XP and Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to dual boot windows 10 and xp. I needed xp for some programs. I have two separate hdds. I allocated the space for win xp(on the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AldinCimic, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Disk read error after dual booting Windows XP and Windows 10

Hi, I wanted to dual boot windows 10 and xp. I needed xp for some programs. I have two separate hdds. I allocated the space for win xp(on the other part is just some documents) and rebooted. later on i installed xp sucessfuly and when i wanted to switch to 10 i couldnt. I removed second hdd from motherboard and i get disk read error. It says to check documentation, and to change boot path or something. When i press enter it just reboots my pc. I have windows 7 cd that i bought with this pc. I also upgraded from 7 to 10. I tried fix your computer when booting from cd but no success. Please help me

:)

AldinCimic, Aug 25, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Windows XP no boot

I have a no boot issue in windows XP. It just keeps giving me the "no boot device" or something similar. It will boot from the Windows XP Home disk without any issues. I have tried replacing the boot.ini, fixmbr, and fixboot. None of these have worked. I even went so far as to doing the repair by installing Windows XP Home. When it rebooted it still gave me the same reading.

I can get it to boot from a Paragon Rescue disk though. I am at a loss on this one. My next step is to run a boot virus check I suppose, as this system had over 300 trojans, virus' and malware.

This is a friends computer that has a bunch of his work related documents so I don't want to reformat or anything unless it has to.

stinger608, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Disk read error after dual booting Windows XP and Windows 10

freaksavior, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Disk read error after dual booting Windows XP and Windows 10

1. Disk read error after dual booting Windows XP and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disk read error

2. Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro: I have new Windows 10 Pro laptop and want to configure to dual boot Windows XP, what is the best way to go about. Installation on multiple partitions or creating virtual machine using Hyper-V? I need to do this on 10 laptops, what is the easy way to do it. It is possible to...
  3. Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro: I have new Windows 10 Pro laptop and want to configure to dual boot Windows XP, what is the best way to go about. Installation on multiple partitions or creating virtual machine using Hyper-V? I need to do this on 10 laptops, what is the easy way to do it. It is possible to...
  4. How to dual boot Windows 10 and Windows XP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and Windows XP: Hello How do i dual boot Windows 10 and Windows XP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-dual-boot-windows-10-and-windows-xp/ca49de03-55b4-4e2c-85a3-c06fa5be1550
  5. How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Windows XP

How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Windows XP: Hello, can someone tell me how to dual boot Windows 10 with Windows XP ? or if you can provide a link with the complete tutorial. At this moment on computer windows 10 is installed, but this is not a problem. Because I can format hard drive, and if needed i can install...
  6. windows dual boot between 10 & XP

windows dual boot between 10 & XP: hello everyone! *Smile i'm new here just coming over from sevenforums *Roflmao2 anyway i hope sumone maybe able to give me a quick fix to this mess... ok here's the deal...I;ve got 2 partitions on 1 hard drive.....one is windows 10 installed on C: and the other is windows XP...
  7. Dual boot Windows 10 with XP

Dual boot Windows 10 with XP: Hi all I have recently purchased an OMEN 880 (win 10 home edition pre-installed),with 2 empty bays on top for extra hard drives and I would like to know if it's possible to install the hard drive from my Asus into one of these bays, then dual boot. I have read on the...
  8. Windows 10 dual boot with XP - problems.

Windows 10 dual boot with XP - problems.: Hi all, I had Windows XP on my hard drive for a long time, created a separate partition and installed Windows 10. (both 32 bit). Windows 10 is working fine, it set up the dual boot menu where I can also select Windows XP ("earlier version of Windows"). Problem is, in...
  9. Dual boot XP on top of Windows 10

Dual boot XP on top of Windows 10: I have Windows 10 Home on my PC and I'd like to dual boot Windows XP on top of windows 10. But how to do that since after XP, Windows 10 MBR will be lost. 25724
  10. Windows 10 and windows XP dual boot problem

Windows 10 and windows XP dual boot problem: Hello, I recently upgraded my windows 7 to 10. I had XP installed also. After the upgrade i couldn't boot from XP anymore(but it was showed on the boot list) so reinstalled it. Now windows 10 doesnt appear in my boot list so i cant boot from it anymore. Any ideas how to make...