Windows 10: Disk read errors

Discus and support Disk read errors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is Microsoft ever likely to read disks and handle read errors without taking for ever! It's NOT hard. I did this in the early '80s in assembler and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MartinBright, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Disk read errors

Is Microsoft ever likely to read disks and handle read errors without taking for ever!

It's NOT hard.

I did this in the early '80s in assembler and I am not even a programmer.

It was slow then using floppies and a read error could be taken care of in a few hundred milliseconds.

So why does a Multi core multi Ghz CPU Take tens of MINUTES

:)

MartinBright, Dec 24, 2019

2. Disk Read Errors

OK, earlier, I got a BSOD. Now I'm getting disk read errors. The error on the BSOD was 0x00000F4, and now, when I load up the system, it posts, does everything, then, just beofre it would start loading Windows, it comes up with:

Disk read error
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

Any ideas? I kinda need to get it working ASAP...

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Clarke, Dec 24, 2019
  3. modder Win User
    Disk Read Error

hi,
    look into the bios "hard disk boot priority" and check your first hd.

modder, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Disk read errors

Disk Read Error

Hey guys,

This morning I restarted my computer, and got this message:

A disk read error occurred.
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

Am I correct in thinking the harddrive has failed? I've tried reseating it, checked connections etc, and I got a normal POST beep. Do I need a new harddrive, or is there a way I can fix it?

Ben.

Ben Clarke, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Disk read errors

1. Disk read errors - Similar Threads - Disk read errors

2. A disk read error occurred

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A disk read error occurred: I facing this problem what should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-disk-read-error-occurred/62d09316-a241-4f1c-bb49-672ca8df9690
  3. A disk read error occurred

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A disk read error occurred: I facing this problem what should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-disk-read-error-occurred/62d09316-a241-4f1c-bb49-672ca8df9690
  4. Disk reading error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk reading error: When I start my pc it says that there is a disk read error. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-reading-error/ecb05ee0-c691-41ef-a23b-a56f5b3c2efe
  5. Disk reading error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk reading error: When I start my pc it says that there is a disk read error. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-reading-error/ecb05ee0-c691-41ef-a23b-a56f5b3c2efe
  6. Disk read error help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk read error help: Hi! Yesterday my pc completely froze up. I restarted it and it said disk read error. Windows went to repair it etc and then it worked fine. Fast forward 2 hours it happened again, just this time it didn't turn on so I went to do command prompt but it said my password was...
  7. Disk read error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk read error.: my laptop is jut displaying a screen sying that a disk read error has occured and i have to restart it by clicking on Alt, Ctrl, Del buttons. but its still not working when i press the buttons....
  8. disk read error occurred

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    disk read error occurred: Hello! I have a problem with my laptop ASUS, it have blue screen and this problem "disk read error occurred" How can I solve it? It will be very great, if you give me detailed description what to do. Thanks in advance!...
  9. Disk read error occurred.

Disk read error occurred.: Hi. I got this message on boot up this morning. "disk read error occurred", "press ctrl,alt,del to restart. This did'nt work. I had to manually turn the PC off and restart, which worked fine. I am a little concerned as I have made many mistakes in the past, causing Windows...
  10. A disk read error occurred

A disk read error occurred: Hello, recently my computer ran into problems, I waited for it to restart and then this pops up. I try to press ctrl+alt+del but my keyboard doesn't get recognised. I don't know what to do....