Windows 10: Disk reading 100% and freezing

Discus and support Disk reading 100% and freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have complained of this many times. Am using an Asus laptop, 1tb, 4Gb ram, 1.99Ghz. I have used the laptop for like 6months noe and i just discovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by victorndudim, May 1, 2020.

1. Disk reading 100% and freezing

I have complained of this many times. Am using an Asus laptop, 1tb, 4Gb ram, 1.99Ghz. I have used the laptop for like 6months noe and i just discovered is hanging and disk reading 100%. I reset the system and it reduce.

On a normal after booting it will read 98% or 100% and come down to zero.

Things i do that cause it to read 100% which doesnt happen before.

1. If i connect to my wifi and open any browser

2. If screen goes dark and i tap a keyboard to wake it

3. If open system settings

4. Use the system for a long time.

5. If i open some apps like visual studio

Please help me, this is very annoying and frustrating.

:)

victorndudim, May 1, 2020
  2. TimGrandt Win User

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, May 1, 2020
  3. 100 % disk space freezing

has anyone really figured out how to stop freezing up when disk space hits 100%?

Daniel McNeil 8320, May 1, 2020
  4. Disk reading 100% and freezing

Disk Usage at 100% with nothing running

My PC is running Windows 10 with the latest updates but has suddenly become unusable with disk usage staying at 100% even with nothing running and just the same processes listed in Task Manager as before the problems
    started. I've tried a few suggestions found in online forums - disabling Windows Search and Superfetch, adjusting page file size, etc. but nothing has done the trick yet. I don't have any outside anti-virus software installed. I read about the potential MSI
    issue but don't have IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers listed in the Device Manager. Finally, it seems to boot up normally and will have periods where the disk usage drops and it's usable but those moments are brief and it inevitably goes back up to 100% usage.

TONeill_1313, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Disk reading 100% and freezing

1. Disk reading 100% and freezing - Similar Threads - Disk reading 100%

2. Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 100% usage with no read or write.: I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the newest update, sfc, dism, memory check, and disk repair. It still does not work well. It start the error when heavy load occurs...
  3. Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 100% usage with no read or write.: I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the newest update, sfc, dism, memory check, and disk repair. It still does not work well. It start the error when heavy load occurs...
  4. Disk 0 read/write at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 0 read/write at 100%: My Disk 0 C: drive is at 100% read/write yet I am not doing anything on the computer. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home but had this problem on Windows 10 Home. I have tried all the suggestions given, that I deemed safe, that were out in the www, but to no avail. I am hoping not...
  5. Disk 0 read/write at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 0 read/write at 100%: My Disk 0 C: drive is at 100% read/write yet I am not doing anything on the computer. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home but had this problem on Windows 10 Home. I have tried all the suggestions given, that I deemed safe, that were out in the www, but to no avail. I am hoping not...
  6. Disk 100% and freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk 100% and freeze: Is disk 100% a hardware related problem or software related prroblem? I've tried defragmentation and other tricks but nothing works. How can i fix this? if not How will i know that it's software program or hardware? Please help. Thanks[IMG]...
  7. Disk Activity at 100% with low Read/Write

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Activity at 100% with low Read/Write: Windows Version: 20H2 OS Build 19042.804 Hey Everyone, I recently updated from W7 to W10 and now my PC has been running very slow. My disk usage is typically no higher than 40% however I am pretty much always at 100% active. I have tried multiple things online; however...
  8. Disk Usage 100% and Frequent Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage 100% and Frequent Freezes: So I'm getting this Disk Usage 100% since about a month for about 5 - 10 mins after bootup and randomly. Computer is completely unusable during this times. No process is consuming disk resources (0% I/O) . I've tried everything on the internet except Clean installing windows....
  9. Disk usage 100%, read/write 0kbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage 100%, read/write 0kbps: Okay, so Lately I've had crazy boot and load times, and what appeared to be disk issues (usage was 100%, read/write was little-to-none). Disabled a few things in services.msc (superfetch and windows search), which fixed the 100% constant usage. But boot and load are...
  10. 100% Disk usage freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% Disk usage freeze: I got a problem on my Disk 0 (Seagate SSHD) it goes 100% randomly and freezes the whole pc i can still move the cursor but it wont register when i click but after a while it register it is more noticable when copying large files but when i open the pc and reconnect the Power...