Windows 10: Disk Recognition not working since I installed build 18363

Discus and support Disk Recognition not working since I installed build 18363 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a disk drive installed in a caddy with a power switch on the caddy. Previously when I swiched it on Windows would read the label then the disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterGrange, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Disk Recognition not working since I installed build 18363

I have a disk drive installed in a caddy with a power switch on the caddy. Previously when I swiched it on Windows would read the label then the disk was available. Since 18363 it doesn't do that. I have to power down & up to get the disk online. Possibly a coincidence, but I can't see the "Safely remove hardware" button any more either.

:)

PeterGrange, Jun 9, 2020
  2. R.Hobbs Win User

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 fails to download .application file that works for Build 18362

We have an setup application we have our customers use to install our software. The Setup application is a Visual Studio application built in 2013. All of a sudden, with the 18363 Windows build release the main "setup.exe" will download but when it tries
    to run there is Windows error message saying it can't or won't download the "setup.application" file from the same folder. We have tested on several machines that have the 18362 build and the setup works fine. Is there a "bug" in build 18363 or is it a
    "new feature" that blocks old code?

R.Hobbs, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Linda3b Win User
    Windows Build 18363

I have discovered that once upgraded to Windows 10 build 18363 from build 18362, domain users no longer have the option to use Photos. Local users still have the option but domain users do not. I have verified that this behavior is not the fault of a group
    policy as down grading back to build 18362 fixes the issue. Does Microsoft have any time frame in fixing this issue?

Linda3b, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Disk Recognition not working since I installed build 18363

setting up microphone for speech recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup speech recognition on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • When you say that “the box is grey and unresponsive”, where you are seeing this option?
    • Are you able to connect the microphone to the PC? (Does it show in Device Manager)

Meanwhile we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to setup the microphone.

Steps to set up a microphone: Before you set up Speech Recognition, make sure you've plugged the microphone into your PC so the following steps work.

1. Press Windows + Q or click on the Windows Search.
    2. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
      Set up a microphone.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you are able to setup the microphone and then check if it’s working.

You may also refer this article for additional help: Use voice recognition
    in Windows 10

If you are facing issues configuring microphone on your computer, I would suggest you to refer:

Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Disk Recognition not working since I installed build 18363

1. Disk Recognition not working since I installed build 18363 - Similar Threads - Disk Recognition working

2. Windows 10 1909 build 18363

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1909 build 18363: Hi all, I have a notebook with installed Windows 10 1909 build 18363 Enterprise This is a new installation in a new notebook I work with screenshot Shift+Windos+S for customize manual, etc. But in this new notebook when I take a screenshot it appears with a SID sequence...
  3. Windows behavior on build 19h1_release 18363

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows behavior on build 19h1_release 18363: Reinstalled windows due to odd behavior. A few things I find odd have occurred since: all my windows diagnostic folders are empty despite having a folder name looks like they may be being deleted. Two Microsoft virtual wi-fi adapters were deployed despite me not initiating...
  4. Build 18363

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Build 18363: [ATTACH] I installed this update recently and can't find the "recording device" tab when right clicking the volume icon (yes, it was ugly but very useful imo). And I'm pretty sure this is the reason why I can't install Nvidia RTX Voice... Can't find this submitted by...
  5. Device Not Migrated - Win 10 Build 18363

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Not Migrated - Win 10 Build 18363: Hello I have a USB C to HDMI adapter that works fine on a Windows 10 Build 17763 laptop, but when I try and use it on my other laptop which is Windows 10 Build 18363 it doesn't work. In the event log on the non working laptop it says the following: Device...
  6. Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 fails to install: Hung up on 91% complete for 12 hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-10018363-build-18363-fails-to-install/7515a6d1-f16d-4742-8543-140db0bb4b0c
  7. No WiFi after Windows Build update to version1909 Version10.0.18363 Build 18363

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi after Windows Build update to version1909 Version10.0.18363 Build 18363: Hello, I have no network or Wi-Fi in Network & Internet. I have tried about everything to retrieve it. See pics: _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 fails to download .application file that works for Build 18362

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 fails to download .application file that works for Build 18362: We have an setup application we have our customers use to install our software. The Setup application is a Visual Studio application built in 2013. All of a sudden, with the 18363 Windows build release the main "setup.exe" will download but when it tries to run there is...
  9. Windows Build 18363

Windows Build 18363: I have discovered that once upgraded to Windows 10 build 18363 from build 18362, domain users no longer have the option to use Photos. Local users still have the option but domain users do not. I have verified that this behavior is not the fault of a group policy as down...
  10. Disk Recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Recognition: I have fitted a spare crucial SSD into an external enclosure to work through an USB port, my problem is when i try to optimise it, it thinks it is a Hard DisK Drive and want to defragment it. How do i get my laptop to recognise it is an SSD. Regards Northerner 48710