Windows 10: Disk relation to Physical drive ?

Discus and support Disk relation to Physical drive ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I find in Computer Management which Disk belongs to what physical drive ? 132797 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JerometheGiraff, May 17, 2019.

1. Disk relation to Physical drive ?

How can I find in Computer Management which Disk belongs to what physical drive ?

:)

JerometheGiraff, May 17, 2019

2. HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 17, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Problems with disk drive on DELL Inspiron Computer i560-3102MNK uses Windows 7 and has 6GB Memory with 1TB Hard drive

Hello Kelly,

It is possible that the issue could be hardware-related. We'd like to know if the hard drive is still being detected from the BIOS or Disk Management. To access Disk management, please follow the steps below:

1. From the Start Menu, right-click on the Computer icon and choose Manage from the context menu.
    2. Click on Disk Management, which appears in the left-hand side under the heading Storage.
    3. The list of the hard drives available is now be visible in the center of the window.

If you're able to find the hard disk from the list, you can try to create a partition on your hard disk. Please refer to this link:
    Create a partition on a Windows 7 Hard Disk.

If you're unable to find the hard drive, it is possible that the hard drive is failing. I suggest that you contact the device manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, May 17, 2019
  4. Roan T Win User

Disk relation to Physical drive ?

Malfunction of 3.5" disk drive in Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist on your disk drive issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you get an error message when the disk drive refused to read the inserted disk?

• Have you tried updating the disk drive's driver?

• What
      other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Roan T, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Disk relation to Physical drive ?

1. Disk relation to Physical drive ? - Similar Threads - Disk relation Physical

2. Physical Disks cannot be pooled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Physical Disks cannot be pooled: Hi, I have a group of 7 physical drives connected to the SATA ports on the motherboard.They are seen by the disk management tool as "Basic Disk" and there are no volumes defined "Unallocated". Each drive is 1TiB 931.5 GB to be precise.Now, I would like to create a striped...
  3. Physical Disks cannot be pooled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Physical Disks cannot be pooled: Hi, I have a group of 7 physical drives connected to the SATA ports on the motherboard.They are seen by the disk management tool as "Basic Disk" and there are no volumes defined "Unallocated". Each drive is 1TiB 931.5 GB to be precise.Now, I would like to create a striped...
  4. Physical Disks cannot be pooled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Physical Disks cannot be pooled: Hi, I have a group of 7 physical drives connected to the SATA ports on the motherboard. They are seen by the disk management tool as "Basic Disk" and there are no volumes defined "Unallocated". Each drive is 1TiB 931.5 GB to be precise. Now, I would like to create a striped...
  5. How to remove spanning from two physical disk drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove spanning from two physical disk drives: I have two physical 5 TB disk drives that I was attempting to use to create a mirrored storage configuration. I followed the directions that I found on the internet and all was going as expected until the last step which was to create the final mirror configuration. At that...
  6. How to remove spanning from two physical disk drives

How to remove spanning from two physical disk drives: I have two physical 5 TB disk drives that I was attempting to use to create a mirrored storage configuration. I followed the directions that I found on the internet and all was going as expected until the last step which was to create the final mirror configuration. At that...
  7. Programs not detecting physical disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs not detecting physical disks: Hello all!I have a strange problem - I have a couple of disks that I want to make ISOs of and back up, but no programs can detect/access the raw drives.Programs can access them as drives just fine - for example, Win32 Disk Imager is perfectly capable of making an image of an...
  8. Programs not detecting physical disks

Programs not detecting physical disks: Hello all!I have a strange problem - I have a couple of disks that I want to make ISOs of and back up, but no programs can detect/access the raw drives.Programs can access them as drives just fine - for example, Win32 Disk Imager is perfectly capable of making an image of an...
  9. Programs not detecting physical disks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Disk relation to Physical drive ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk relation to Physical drive ?: How can I find in Computer Management which Disk belongs to what physical drive ? 132797