Windows 10: disk running a lot, slowing down opening browser, etc

Discus and support disk running a lot, slowing down opening browser, etc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I googled it and it said to close windows search. That helped, but the drive still keeps running. If I go to email thunderbird or browser firefox it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdrianPederson, Mar 1, 2020.

1. disk running a lot, slowing down opening browser, etc

I googled it and it said to close windows search. That helped, but the drive still keeps running. If I go to email thunderbird or browser firefox it takes a long time to open. Sometimes it just runs for no reason. I would GREATLY appreciate help, bothersome.

:)

AdrianPederson, Mar 1, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue disk running a lot, slowing down opening browser, etc :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Browser runs slow but cleaning history and cache restores it back

Hi,

As you have specified that you are able to run the browsers smoothly when you cl3ean the history, cookies and cache. I suspect that the issue can be due to the temporary junk files and folder that might have accumulated in your PC.

To rectify the same, I suggest that you follow the methods below

Method 1:

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

Method 2: Disk cleanup in Windows 10

Click on the link below to learn how to clear your temp files and temp system files

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 1, 2020
  4. disk running a lot, slowing down opening browser, etc

Windows 10 persistent issue Disk at 100% slow boot, running slow....

Hello Smeele,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with 100%disk usage in Windows 10 along with slow performance of the system. We will certainly help you.

This issue might have occurred if lots of programs are running in the background. We suggest you to follow the suggestion suggested by
    DigitalMooney in the below mentioned thread and check if it helps:

Fixing 100% disk usage in Windows 10 with Chrome and Skype running

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

disk running a lot, slowing down opening browser, etc

1. disk running a lot, slowing down opening browser, etc - Similar Threads - disk running lot

2. Laptop keeps scrolling down itself in browsers and etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps scrolling down itself in browsers and etc.: My dell laptop most of the time keeps scrolling down to the page by itself. any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-scrolling-down-itself-in-browsers-and/2e15b0f1-03c0-44cf-95d7-4571e9d44ec5
  3. Photos slowing down browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos slowing down browser: Split from this thread. I am a Microsoft user not a technician. How am I supposed to follow all those instructions to eliminate al those photos that slow down my browser? I do not want them and do now know how to get rid of them. Why have them there anyway. If I want...
  4. All browsers slow to open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers slow to open: All browsers slow to Open (Edge, chrome). Tried disabling crytopservices, and disabling hardware acceleration to no avail. Its been this way for a few months. Now sure what else to try. Internet connection is fine. Once open, everything works lightning fast. submitted by...
  5. Edge Chromium browser slowing down

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium browser slowing down: About three weeks ago I downloaded the new Edge Chromium browser. It was noticeably faster than my older Edge browser. I look a a lot of E-Bay photos each day from the same seller. They are usually the same digital size, and now my Edge Chromium is displaying them on my...
  6. PC running slow. Applications take lot of time to open

PC running slow. Applications take lot of time to open: Hello, I have a HP-500-Pavilion Model System Model 500-205t PC with the following components. Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3500 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors Installed Physical Memory RAM: 6.00 GB Total Physical Memory: 5.91 GB Available Physical...
  7. Computer slow downs crashes bsod etc.

Computer slow downs crashes bsod etc.: So lately I have been getting a ton of bsod's mostly driver_irql_not_less_or_equal and it doesn't tell me what failed. My computer has also been having constant 100% disk usage and I can barely do anything on my computer now because it keeps lagging and everything takes...
  8. Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory...: The subject is all about how my PC is performing, however when I carry out a memory diagnostic on basic it's pretty fast, on standard a little slower, on extended it stops at (Running test pass 1 of 2: 21% complete - Overall test status: 10% complete) it sit at this from...
  9. Mozilla 41.0.1 running slow - Lots of disk activity

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla 41.0.1 running slow - Lots of disk activity: Hello. Has anyone noticed this? After launching Mozilla hard disk activity seems to be permanently on, as if Mozilla where reindexing or something. It takes a long time (10-20 minutes) to stop and it makes browsing a very jerking experience. Of course I did a clean...
  10. All browsers slow opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All browsers slow opening: Fairly new Lenovo Ideapad Using Comcast blast, both wired and wifi Takes long time to connect. Sometimes times out. IE11, Chrome, Edge Ping www sites from cmd times out Ping 127.0.0.1 OK Onle Defender is on. Disabled and still problem All drivers updated, Lenovo...