Windows 10: Disk Running at 100% Even after I started up a CLEAN BOOT

Discus and support Disk Running at 100% Even after I started up a CLEAN BOOT in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Happy New Year! I hope you are all well I have a HP Envy Laptop. 2.40 GHZ with i7 Processor and 12GB Ram. I would have thought that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelWard2, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Disk Running at 100% Even after I started up a CLEAN BOOT

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year! I hope you are all well

I have a HP Envy Laptop. 2.40 GHZ with i7 Processor and 12GB Ram.

I would have thought that this Laptop would be reasonably fast i don’t play games or anything, i sometimes use it for Coursework / Assignments etc

but for some reason my disk is always running at 100%

I recently followed some steps online to be able to start my laptop in clean boots mode to be able to identify the problem of why my desk is running at 100%

but when i started in clean boot mode i still am using 100% of my disk. I really don’t know what to suggest. I have already tried disabling Super Fetch but it tells me an error code: Error 87: The Parameter is incorrect.

i have performed the ‘delay start’ for windows search.

i believe only a true PC guru / wizard can help me fix this problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

By the way i have had the laptop for about 4 years now , i dont know if this helps

and i have updated my PC to latest updates etc

kind regards,

michael

:)

MichaelWard2, Jan 3, 2020
  2. TimGrandt Win User

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Disk Usage at 100% with nothing running

My PC is running Windows 10 with the latest updates but has suddenly become unusable with disk usage staying at 100% even with nothing running and just the same processes listed in Task Manager as before the problems
    started. I've tried a few suggestions found in online forums - disabling Windows Search and Superfetch, adjusting page file size, etc. but nothing has done the trick yet. I don't have any outside anti-virus software installed. I read about the potential MSI
    issue but don't have IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers listed in the Device Manager. Finally, it seems to boot up normally and will have periods where the disk usage drops and it's usable but those moments are brief and it inevitably goes back up to 100% usage.

TONeill_1313, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Disk Running at 100% Even after I started up a CLEAN BOOT

High/100% Disk Usage on Win 10

Have you tried a clean boot to determine the cause of the 100% issue? I have not done this yet, but this is the process I am referring to:

Start your device in a clean boot environment, this way we can identify the program that's using up the disk capacity of the drive. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this support
    article

In the clean boot environment, try to observe if the disk spikes to 100% usage. If not, proceed to the steps under the How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot section
    to pin point and remove the item that's causing the issue. Once you're done, follow the steps under Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot your device normally.

Note: Click the drop-down arrow for Windows 10 to view the appropriate steps.

Billy Dee Williams, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Disk Running at 100% Even after I started up a CLEAN BOOT

1. Disk Running at 100% Even after I started up a CLEAN BOOT - Similar Threads - Disk Running 100%

2. Disk usage continuously jumps to 100 even after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage continuously jumps to 100 even after clean install: I recently bought a windows laptop, i noticed a lag in startup of windows, and when i started installing apps i noticed a significant lag in those. Checking the task manager i saw disk going to 100 percent mostly because of system process. Tried various fixes, disabling...
  3. Disk usage continuously jumps to 100 even after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk usage continuously jumps to 100 even after clean install: I recently bought a windows laptop, i noticed a lag in startup of windows, and when i started installing apps i noticed a significant lag in those. Checking the task manager i saw disk going to 100 percent mostly because of system process. Tried various fixes, disabling...
  4. Disk 100% usage, after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk 100% usage, after clean install: Hello, I've had this problem for 5 years maybe, i tried maybe 20 solution ideas on the internet and nothing worked or maybe just worked for short-term. Laptop: Dell inspiron i5 5547 HDD: Toshiba something 5600rpm 500GB i thought that it was problem with the laptop itself...
  5. 100% Disk usage after boot up and booting is slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk usage after boot up and booting is slow: Hello, I have a 1TB HDD and the problem is the boot-up process is very slow. What I tried: 1. Clean boot 2. Remove unnecessary startup things 3. I ran chkdsk 4. Cleaned big chunks of temp files using CCleaner 5. Defrag the drives. It improves a little bit but just a...
  6. Disk running at 100%

Disk running at 100%: Good day I read through a lot of discussions about above mentioned subject. I have a HP I5 7th gen laptop 2GB nvidia 940mx 8GB Ram 1TB HDD Windows 10 I have spent a lot of hours on trying to fix the 100% disk usage issue. From what i can remember i did the...
  7. Windows Update “insufficient disk space” even after disk clean up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update “insufficient disk space” even after disk clean up.: I have a tablet pc loaded with Windows 10 version 1511. I cannot use Windows Update to change to latest version because it responds “insufficient disk space”, even though I have done everything possible to clear the “C” drive of unnecessary files etc. I understand...
  8. Disk at 100% even after a factory reset

Disk at 100% even after a factory reset: So i fully reset my laptop which has windows 10 updated version. Even after resetting it ,the disk is at 100% and there are around 89 background process running which i have no clue about. Hope i could get a solution...
  9. Disk at 100% even after refresh start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk at 100% even after refresh start: Hey, I have a real problem with my disk as it runs almost all the time at 100%. In addition there seem to be many duplicated applications in my task manager. I also tried to use the refresh start method in order to see if there is any change, though, nothing has changed....
  10. Not getting back space even after disk clean up and ccleaner

in Windows 10 Support
    Not getting back space even after disk clean up and ccleaner: Well, i notice the space keep on decreasing even without downloading anything, I tried disk clean up and use ccleaner but still not getting back any space, I would like to know what is the cause of this? Thanks 57962