Windows 10: Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

Discus and support Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would like to request for some assistance in regards to a file sizing issue I have experienced. I randomly checked through my folders and discovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sol_ako, May 25, 2022.

1. Sol_ako Win User

Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

I would like to request for some assistance in regards to a file sizing issue I have experienced. I randomly checked through my folders and discovered one of them showing weird size properties. It is a sub-folder within the HDD partition and it is showing sizes way larger than the individual disks size. Has anyone encountered such an issue and how were you able to solve it?Inset is a picture showing the disk-management screenshot of the main folders, the size properties of the target partition and the size properties of the target sub-folder, respectively.

:)

Sol_ako, May 25, 2022
  2. RMS21 Win User

Size on disk much larger than actual size - how to fix ?

My folders of photos are showing properties of a much larger size than is physically possible on my laptop, this is not showing up as an issue on the laptop, but I can't back them up effectively as have already used up a 2TB drive for a small portion
    of them ! I've seen some comments on forums about files being allocated 32mb regardless of their actual size, checking a few individual files, this looks likely to be the problem. Advice on how to fix this, so the actual file size is recorded, would be helpful.

RMS21, May 25, 2022
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, May 25, 2022
  4. Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

100% Disk Capacity

Hey,

I bought a new Asus gaming laptop, but whenever I use my laptop it is always slow, lagging and unresponsive sometimes. Then I discovered that my disk capacity is always 100% although I am not using any heavy programs. I tried many solutions suggested on
    the web but never actually worked. So please can you help me find a proper solution?

AmmarAbusal, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

1. Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity - Similar Threads - Disk size sub

2. C:/Users "size" volume is larger than whole disk while "size on disk" is much smaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:/Users "size" volume is larger than whole disk while "size on disk" is much smaller: My C:/Users shows 540 gb of "size" and 31gb of "size on disk" while the C disk only has 146gb. My laptop runs properly but I don't think this is normal. Is it an error or something that can be explained?...
  3. C:/Users "size" volume is larger than whole disk while "size on disk" is much smaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:/Users "size" volume is larger than whole disk while "size on disk" is much smaller: My C:/Users shows 540 gb of "size" and 31gb of "size on disk" while the C disk only has 146gb. My laptop runs properly but I don't think this is normal. Is it an error or something that can be explained?...
  4. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  5. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  6. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

7. Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity: I would like to request for some assistance in regards to a file sizing issue I have experienced. I randomly checked through my folders and discovered one of them showing weird size properties. It is a sub-folder within the HDD partition and it is showing sizes way larger...
  8. Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity: I would like to request for some assistance in regards to a file sizing issue I have experienced. I randomly checked through my folders and discovered one of them showing weird size properties. It is a sub-folder within the HDD partition and it is showing sizes way larger...
  9. Size on disk much larger than actual size - how to fix ?

Size on disk much larger than actual size - how to fix ?: My folders of photos are showing properties of a much larger size than is physically possible on my laptop, this is not showing up as an issue on the laptop, but I can't back them up effectively as have already used up a 2TB drive for a small portion of them ! I've seen some...
  10. Windows Folder Size greater than Size on Disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Folder Size greater than Size on Disk: My 32GB Windows 10 Home PC (recently upgraded from 8.1) is low on disk space. I deleted Windows.old and I have hibernation disabled. Apart from a few browsers, very little else is installed, yet I only have 11.7GB left? One reason may be the size of the Windows folder:...