Windows 10: disk space after upgrading to 1903

Discus and support disk space after upgrading to 1903 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, I have read that in 1903, Microsoft decided to reserve like 7GB of space for updates... Is there a way to choose if I want to or not? I have less... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulPChou, Jun 2, 2019.

1. PaulPChou Win User

disk space after upgrading to 1903

hi,

I have read that in 1903, Microsoft decided to reserve like 7GB of space for updates... Is there a way to choose if I want to or not? I have less space in the C drive then in the previous versions of Windows.

:)

PaulPChou, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Show Reserved Storage Space in Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and future builds

The upcoming Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 allows users to view how much storage space is reserved in Windows 10 19H1 and later versions so that they know how much disk space is put aside for reserved storage space. This is one
    of the best updates so far for properly managing disk space, but it is missing from the Disk Properties Windows in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 update.

To make it much easier for users to see how much disk space is reserved by desktop programs and apps with general used space by the operating system and free space available on hard drives, I came up with a very good alternative
    that will help users get a better viewable representation of disk space.

disk space after upgrading to 1903 b3006f4f-a722-4fa1-b19d-eddd6fdc8e93?upload=true.png

The above image represents the amount of reserved space that each type of programs and files take up on the system, but that does not show up in disk properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1.

The Disk Properties in the image below looks like a donut AutoShape object, so it is misleading and does not look good and is also too small for users with impaired vision problems. I have read online that there are many people with impaired vision that
    complain about this awful looking Disk Properties in Windows 10. As you can also see in the image below, the free space is in grey and that is misleading as well because it should be in pink and the used space in darker blue. The Reserved Space is not present
    in the image below and it should be present as well.

disk space after upgrading to 1903 3d60015e-cb9f-4b3b-b7d1-10f1f78409fa?upload=true.jpg

The disk properties in Windows 10 does not show the reserved storage space. In Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1, I expect the disk properties to evolve into a much more detailed disk properties so that I can display the reserved space,
    used space, free space and the total disk capacity. When using the Disk Cleanup utility, there must be an option that allows users to empty and remove reserved space. Also, users must have an option to completely removed reserved space if they want to and
    also shrink or expand reserved space just like users do with hard disk partitions.

disk space after upgrading to 1903 833a9f78-aa81-40a0-9fe2-db6ec6fcd0f6?upload=true.png

The above image is an image that I have created in Microsoft Paint that represents an updated Disk Properties in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 that looks much better and clearer altogether. This type of disk properties makes it
    much better for users to know exactly how much space is reserved by Windows 10 - 19H1 with the general used space by Windows 10 operating system and applications that are not in the reserved area of the hard disk. The free space is illustrated in pink.

To also make it more precise for users to know and calculate how much disk space is reserved, used and free in Disk Properties, I have added percentage signs (%) next to the amount of disk area that is reserved, used and free. The
    total Disk Capacity in Disk Properties would be represented as 100%, meaning the full disk space in total in Disk Management.

For users that split their hard disk partitions in small chunks of hard disks in Windows 10, the C:\ drive where Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 would be the only partition where the Reserved Storage Space shows up in Disk Properties.
    For other hard disk partitions, only the Used and Free Storage space would be available to show because other partitions would not have Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 installed on them, nor no Reserved Storage space would be applicable for use on these partitions.

The current representation of disk space in Windows 10 at the moment is bad and must be updated with my suggestion for better appearance and disk space manageability.

Please Microsoft Development Team for Windows 10 update the Disk Properties Windows so that it clearly displays the Reserved Storage Space, Used Space, Free Space and Capacity of hard disks in Windows 10 - Build 1903 - 19H1 and
    all future builds of Windows 10.

Thank you.

Cesare Vesdani, Jun 2, 2019
  4. disk space after upgrading to 1903

My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

disk space after upgrading to 1903

1. disk space after upgrading to 1903 - Similar Threads - disk space upgrading

2. Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Space: So I have an HP Stream laptop, not the best computer but hey it does school and SOME streaming... my question is,SOMETHING is taking up space and Idk how to look for it.I've done CC, I've run senses, cleared cache, ran TREE just to see if something was out of the ordinary....
  3. Disk Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Space: So I have an HP Stream laptop, not the best computer but hey it does school and SOME streaming... my question is,SOMETHING is taking up space and Idk how to look for it.I've done CC, I've run senses, cleared cache, ran TREE just to see if something was out of the ordinary....
  4. Disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk space: I am at my wits end with disk space my recovery D drive is full and nothing they tell me to do will relieve it does any one know what to do 16 gb of whats labled as other and cant get rid of it....
  5. No disk space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No disk space: I am running OYYU UBOOK6 > I can not update windows because I have no disc space > I have deleted all apps/programs possible > I cant reset to earlier date > I tried to reset computer to factory settings but not enough disc space to do this.. Question: Can I reset...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade disk space

Windows 10 upgrade disk space: I cannot upgrade my windows 10 as there is less than 1GB of space available. I have nothing saved on this device, windows is taking up all the space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-disk-space/fae316cb-92db-41a8-9e57-704990a39477
  7. Disk Space Issue Upgrading Windows 10

Disk Space Issue Upgrading Windows 10: Hi, I am trying to update a tablet with 32GB disk the majority of which is consumed by the operating system leaving me insufficient space. I have removed everything that I possibly can and have run clean up and update. I have a SD card and an external hard drive with...
  8. Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Space: Today there was a new update that popped up on my computer for Windows 10. My computer (Surface Pro) said there wasn't enough disk space to install it and all of a sudden all my files compressed and a majority of thumbnails for images disappeared. So - first went to the "Disk...
  9. Disk Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Space: I believe I posted a question similar to this, but this is really just to find out how to fix the problem and to see if my ideas work or if they work or not. Anyways, I currently have 500 or so MB left on my built in drive. That's 500 out of 30GB. I barely do anything on my...
  10. Just upgraded. Problem with disk space at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Just upgraded. Problem with disk space at 100%: Just upgraded, but I noticed some performance issues. So I checked in task manager and saw nothing wrong on the processes tab (Imgur). Notice it says 2% Disk Usage. But when I go to the Performance tab, I see something different. (Imgur) The disk usage is regularly hitting...